No Signals

CoalRoller01

Addicted
I have an 01 2500 automatic 4wd and the turn signals are not working. The hazards work. I swapped a multifunctional switch from my buddys truck to see if it was that but they still didn't work. I am not real good with electronics so any help is good help. Didn't know if this was a common problem on Dodge trucks or not. Plus no fuses were blown and the voltage to fuse 4 for turn signals was at 11.88v.

It is probably not very likely but I fought with the same thing on mine for 9 months, it turned out that the wiring harness where it splits to each tail light right above the spare tire had come loose and got stuck between the tire and the frame and was shorting out on the frame. After a cut, snip, and crimp of a patch wire my 9 month long ordeal was solved. That was 2 years ago and have not had an issue with them since. Like I said it is probably not likely that is what happened with yours but it could be possible I suppose

There is a flasher/turn signal relay (for lack of a better term) that actually does the make and break for the flash, IIRC it's in the driver side fuse panel on the dash. If you have a working truck to check with, find it on that truck and swap them over to see if the issue follows the module. You can find it by feel and sound as it makes an audible click each time it cycles.

Back