No start, 2006

Cummins016spd

Justin
Had a F-250 come in for oil leak, it was front cover, got it fixed truck sit in the bay and idled for close to 45 minutes. The 2 wire plug next to the oil filter housing the clip was broke so they wanted me to replace the connector, it's for the coolant and oil temp I beleive, got it fixed, butt connected the wires, started truck let idle for 10 minutes, did KOER,test passed, went to test dive it and as soon as I push down on throttle it died, IDS was only reading about 18 psi of high pressure oil, pressured the oil system from the ICP sensor and heard air from passenger side, removed valve cover and pressured it again determined #7 was where the leak was coming from, replaced injector put all back together go to start it and it's reading 0.00 high pressure oil, it has low pressure on the cluster but no high, I've never had one read 0.00, I'm not sure if getting the wires backwards would do this... While I was doing front cover I replaced LPOP and besides that just a injector, I was thinking maybe IPR took a sh**, but not sure, the desired ICP is up around 1,200..any advice would be great thanks

With the ICP sensor removed and turning it over not a drop come out of the oil rail. HPOP? It shows to have low pressure on cluster

I bet you sucked up something in the HPOP and its either taken out the pump, the IPR or the ICP. Pull the IPR and check to see if the screen has a hole in it. If so replace it. What is the IPR PCt when cranking it? If its high, its got a bad HPOP most likely or a leak. If you don't command the IPR to close on a pressure test you will always hear a leak.

I just had one blow the shaft seal on the HP pump. It wont draw any oil from the LP sump.

Sorry it's been so long, I did end up pulling the ipr there was a hole and I replaced it and it cranked without the turbo on, went ahead an rebuilt the oil cooler and that screen had a hole in it too, thanks

Back