no start

strokin09

diesel nut
my truck will not start it would on hot days but now its cold its havinga hard time as i turn the key to the on position it makes a strange noise in the dash idk maybe a relay kicking due to circut problem? idk any body that can help would be much appreciated im trying to travel and this isnt working for me lol

i ran them down trying to start it sa they r charging is that a good possibility

That would explain your relays clicking.
Mostly likely your glowplugs or glowplug relay are bad causing the hard start.

thanx that solved it i feel f$#@ing dumb now but thank you for the help

yeah had almost the same problem, it was being a prick to start, took it to ford turns out i have 3 bad glow plugs. ive also replaced the GPR about 5 months ago. i would check that out. sometimes it helps if you cycle the key twice and wait like 5 or 10 seconds after the WTS light turns off, the light isnt exactly accurate. but you could try that.

If you kill a lead acid battery then you are ruining cells inside the battery. Once it has been completely drained of power, you are lucky to have a third of its original starting power. This of course is different with different battery companies. If you have the $75 batteries from Sams club. And you kill them. They are bad. No doubt about it. If you have some good 1000 amp interstate batteries. This will not happen. But it still isnt a good idea to run them all the way down.

sometimes it helps if you cycle the key twice and wait like 5 or 10 seconds after the WTS light turns off, the light isnt exactly accurate. but you could try that.

Cycling the key doesnt do anything different. The glow plugs can remain on up to 2 minutes after the truck has started.

Back