No TC lockup...

JKM

Looking for a little help from the experts here, I parked my 95 in november because i do not need it in the winter , and everything worked fine. spring rolled around , I got the truck out, and i have no Tc lockup, o/d works perfectly. so far i have replaced the TPS, which made no difference. At this point a temporarily hooked up a manual lockup switch. with the manual switch i would sometimes see a 100 rpm drop ( and could hear a difference in the engine if i tried it at idle), I decided that the solenoid in the transmission must be getting flaky , so I ordered a new one and changed it tonight, no difference at all. I am not sure what to do with this next, my temp sensor has been bypassed with a 1000 ohm resistor.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed at this point.

Did you makes sure all your grounds are very tight and well connected. I noticed that you didn't mention that. It's so basic most of us forget to check it.

Its not the grounds, overdrive works perfectly, but lockup is not working. I tried a manual lockup switch and it did nothing. I have pulled the VB out and completely dis-assembled it, cleaned it, and re-assembled , with no change.

It's a good chance the torque converter is bad. There is also a seal on the input shaft that can leak and cause the same issue.

If you jack the rearend up and have someone run it and pinch or feel the rubber cooler hose. If it pulses when you hit lockup the valve is doing its job.(line pressure raises about 20 psi) If not then check your switch valve and spring on the drivers side front of the v/b. The spring should be a white color.

Back