no throttle and p0602 code

LKuilder

My truck has been sitting for about a week and I went to start it tonight. The truck started fine but immediately idled at around 1000 rpm. (higher rpm than normal idle) And it would do nothing when I pushed the throttle pedal. Dropping the truck into gear it stayed at this same rpm. I'm showing around 17-18 psi of fuel pressure when the truck is running. I checked for codes with a Scan Gauge II and it came up p0602. The truck starts and runs fine but stays right around that same 1000 or so rpm.

Should I try a new APPS or is there something else I should try?

The only other odd thing I have noticed lately (the last few weeks) also is that when I turn the key on to start the truck, I do not get a "wait to start" light at all. And also my lift pump would cycle while the "wait to start" light was on and it has not been doing this either.

So I tried again this morning and same thing. A little bit more of an erratic idle now but still idled up and no throttle response along with no "wait to start" light. I pulled the ECM out and I'm thinking that is my problem. Where is my best place to look to get another ECM?

Tag on the front of my ECM:
10698580_639585758622_6049969180540610934_n.jpg

And the tag on the back side of my ECM:
10612567_639585803532_4863949620590293883_n.jpg

If i remember correctly it was a little over a grand, 12-1300 ish. I had to take them my old one so that they could program the new one and I had to turn it in as a core.

I disconnected my batteries and let it sit for about an hour. Reconnected them and it started up fine along with the correct "wait to start" light and pump cycle when I turn the key on and the throttle pedal works now but I now have a p0606 code. ECM gone?

The fact that I've had two different ECM codes now plus the "wait to start" light issue is leading me to believe that my ECM is going out. Any suggestions as to the best source for a new ECM?

Not necessarily. Clear the code and see if it comes back. Mine threw the code even after I replaced the ecm. Cleared it twice within a month and hasn't thrown it since. That was 2 years ago. Truck is a daily driver/race truck.
I will say that when it did throw the code it went into limp mode and wouldnt go any faster than like 25-30 mph.

Not necessarily. Clear the code and see if it comes back. Mine threw the code even after I replaced the ecm. Cleared it twice within a month and hasn't thrown it since. That was 2 years ago. Truck is a daily driver/race truck.
I will say that when it did throw the code it went into limp mode and wouldnt go any faster than like 25-30 mph.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try clearing it and see what happens. I just don't want to end up stranded somewhere.

If you get mad at it you could always just run over it with the old ragged out Gasser ....LOL If you do get video!

If you get mad at it you could always just run over it with the old ragged out Gasser ....LOL If you do get video!

I wouldn't do that, I could just take one of those motors and drop down into my Dodge... no computers to go bad on those motors!

True. I need to find a Saturday when you guys are in the shop and come hangout.

Sent from the Motorola Bag Phone

Make sure your ecm is getting power. It would be getting 12v power though the 48 and 50 wire I believe. Also, check the big connectors that are along the top cowl thingy(right about stock fuel filter area) then go check your fuse box under the hood. There is a power block that has a screw holding it down, make sure that's all good.

My truck wouldn't start and didn't have "wait to start" light. I found it didn't have 12v power to ecm

Would an ECM with the same part number as mine but out of a 1999 5 speed truck work in my automatic truck?

I'd find a truck similar in year to yours with the same transmission and swap them and test your theory first. An ECM is a high dollar item with no return to be wrong. For the 30 minutes it takes to swap and test, it is worth it. I tested my '02 truck with my neighbors '01' truck ECM. It worked fine. Got an engine light....but it ran fine. You'll get an engine light since the ABS module VIN won't match your test ECM's VIN.

I've been gone on the road since yesterday morning and decided to disconnect the batteries while I was gone. When I got the truck running fine yesterday morning, I had turned my Edge Juice back down to 0. I got home this evening, connected the batteries back up, and the truck fired up just fine. Driving home today, the truck worked fine but the EGT and trans temp on my Edge Juice screen were acting very weird. The EGT's were only showing right around 99-101 and the trans temp gauge kept increasing temperature steadily all the way up to about 300. I know for sure that there is no way the transmission was at 300 because the fluid is full, looks fine, and I could take my hand on hold it on the transmission pan after driving about 9 miles home.

This is leading me to believe that maybe something is wrong with the Edge Juice and causing these problems. Has anyone else heard of similar symptoms from an Edge going bad? Can I just pull the Edge box out from under the hood or do I need to go and disconnect all of the plugs from the Edge harness from where they plug into engine sensors to eliminate the Edge?

Completely disconnect the edge from the truck... Only way to know if it is what is causing all the problems...

Back