Noobe Duramax Question

Diesel-Dog

Howdy all!! First post here and have a few questions.
I am thinking about buying an '06 D-max in Illinois. After reading many threads, I obviously gotta modify this toy once I own it.
So my questions..........................
I would have to travel to Illinois from New York. On my way back I would like to stop at a shop and have some basics done. It seems EFILive is the thing to have. So if you were driving back where would you take the truck to have it set up?? I understand what this unit does but I want to buy it, have it set up and then drive home dependably.
While at a suggested shop, what other mods should be done at the same time to pull off maybe a reliable 500hp? (I think this is reasonable based on threads I read)
I will not be having tranny work done right away. I will take it easy on the truck until I get enough cash to upgrade the tranny then do some more engine work.
I think this describes what I am planning. Any other questions, just ask.
And thanks all in advance for your comments and suggestions

Just do at least the transgo jr while tuning do you don limp the trans so easy, PVC reroute would be good, maybe a lift pump if you want 500

Tuning lift pump and the previously mentioned shift kit. What states will you be travelling through ?

What part of illinois?

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Stop at Danville to get it tuned on the way through Indiana

What part of illinois?

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

I'm looking at a truck in Roscoe, IL. I am located in upstate New York. I don't mind driving to a shop once I get the truck. I just want the parts installed, truck tuned and done right the first time and then I drive home.

I was looking up the above suggestions. If I had those things done, would those upgrades be a solid base for more upgrades in the future or would I be upgrading an upgrade?
I am just looking to make a solid driving truck but I can never leave anything unmodified. One thing always leads to another with me. I will be doing some towing with the truck and driving it off road about an hour from my house to work on my food plots for deer season.
But nothing wrong with a good kick in the pants ride!!!

i do believe the duramax tuner shop is located in northern illinois. they do very good work, cant beat their tunes with a stick

If you live in new york i would suggest you have Moonshine (Tony at MOONSHINE) tune it once you get home. As far as reliable mods to get done i would suggest intake(optional) exhaust, egr delete, pcv reroute, shift kit, and tuning. this will give you the power and reliable DD truck you want and still not break the bank. Also when your ready to do the trans look up Big Dipper (George Alexander) in Maryland. He will definitely get you squared away. I have his trans and Moonshines tuning and could not be happier. Just my$.02

I'm looking at a truck in Roscoe, IL. I am located in upstate New York. I don't mind driving to a shop once I get the truck. I just want the parts installed, truck tuned and done right the first time and then I drive home.

Well AutoLand Outlets gets some nice trucks but charges double/triple of their real value. Good luck, I assume thats what your talking about...

Back