Norwalk, OH Sept 29- No cars want to race a diesel? (video)

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Was at Norwalk for ColumbusRacing's fall Track Day 2006. Lavon and I should have sandbagged a bit, because no one would willingly line up after the first pass. It was funny because the starter would walk down the staging lanes and the first cars in the 4 street-class lanes would refuse to race either truck.

I was having trouble with overdrive so I ran a best of 12.07@111 all day long. You can see smoke change color as the nitrous controller re-fires after letting off the go pedal at half-track.

brandon.

Seems to becoming more common everywhere :bang Seems you have to sneak up on them LOL

Nice Passes :woohoo:

way to go wish I would have known you guys were going I would have came up and ran with you guys, George

This event was closed to ColumbusRacing members- I guess they had problems with fights in the pits when they let just anyone come. Stupid ricers.

Everyone except me will be at LaRue (Marion County Intl Raceway) next Friday night if the weather is good. We get there at around 6:30-7pm and there should be about 4-8 trucks. We always bring the video camera and I'm sure you'd make an excellent impression on the locals since they went nuts after Lavon ran 12's. www.mcir.net You have a Nextel?

brandon.

Wish I had something fast enough to come up...Wanna help me get the car running this week??

Chris:D :D

I guess the ricers aren't as numb as the look. Nice runs anyway

cool thats not that far for me will see if we can make it talk with you later

no cingular

George

Last edited:
What's wrong with the car, Chris? The jets should be about right for this cool, dense air.

George I'll PM you Lavon's phone number since he'll head up the group this week. $10 for all the test & tune runs you want until 930-10pm.

brandno.

George - you definitely need to come to Larue Fri night! You'll get lots of attention! and besides the chicks dig trucks with stacks:ylsuper:

Lavon

joefarmer said:
What's wrong with the car, Chris? The jets should be about right for this cool, dense air.

George I'll PM you Lavon's phone number since he'll head up the group this week. $10 for all the test & tune runs you want until 930-10pm.

brandno.

I'm thinking ignition wiring problem...no fire! Crank and Cranks, but no go!

Chris

Signature600 said:
I'm thinking ignition wiring problem...no fire! Crank and Cranks, but no go!

Chris

Yes, ignition wiring's definitely yer problem. You need to lift the air cleaner, slide that motor out and slide in a diesel.

I kill me! LOL

I didnt see this soon enough. I would always be up for a day at norwalk. I have been itching to run my truck down the 1/4 mile.

mark

PM or email Lavon for his number. Come on out to MCIR this friday! Lavon will get you directions and info.

brandon.

hippie said:
Yes, ignition wiring's definitely yer problem. You need to lift the air cleaner, slide that motor out and slide in a diesel.

I kill me! LOL

Not in a Chevelle, Sorry! I just couldn't do it if I wanted too:D

Chris

what is MCIR?

mark

edit: never mind. I didnt go back far enough in the posts.

Last edited:
Yep, that happens to us all the time at Houston Motorsports Park. Can't get any street cars to drag (even though I drive over 400 miles to get there) so I end up racing trailered cars all night. Still punk some of those trailer queens though.

Congrats on those awesome times!

Back