NOS. Help burn diesel at high rpm

We made some step back.

We think at our new setup, engine make too much power and it cant handle it.

Our friend at BBT Motorsport design some updates on it.

_small.jpg

After watercut it wasnt that straight.

_small.jpg

As you can see
_small.jpg

So we need to adjust it little
_small.jpg

_small.jpg

New bolts made some job at i find right ones. These have strengt enough.
Then i got ARP washer and we made bigger hole in it. M11
_small.jpg

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing this dude run!! The amount of time and work you are putting into it speaks very highly of it!!

Jeemu, i really like the intake manifold, if you do change it.make sure to keep the dual plenum. Apparently there is a lot to it!
I want to try a dual plenum on a cummins just to see what it would change, but i don't have anything necessary to get there!

Looks great (great camera shots too) Ive gone the stud route on mine using ARP studs for the mains and oil pan bolts ( i also enlarged them to 8mm ) Those look like VW tdi head studs?

Thanks Duncan. Nice to see some other that tune 5-syl :)

Here in Finland six syls are popular.

I didint want to rice stud diameter, blocks are cracked there. So we search OEM diameter = M11x1.5 bolts.
ARP didint want to use. These are stronger than OEM and when we tight
it moment it still work as a spring. OEM are so close at think thats why those spin loose.

_small.jpg

So I see some non m-b rods mounted up there..... Care at all to share who made them??

Those are custom made our own dimensions.
My rods upper bush is made same materia as a rods, maybe last longer than OEMs that broke every 4-5000km. This though not anymore daily drive engine
that used to be :D

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

Cant do better :( My friend at KKDmotorsport make awesome manifolds but no money so need to my self.

5 and 4 sylinder runners come pretty long, but other hand this rews 7000rpm so dont know if that so bad?

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Now i send it to my friend at hevosvoima.com so he tig weld it. I own just mig.

Why make divided manifold on 5 cylinder engine??? Will not divide exhaust pulses. And 3 cylinders will get higher back pressure making an unbalanced engine.

Why make divided manifold on 5 cylinder engine??? Will not divide exhaust pulses. And 3 cylinders will get higher back pressure making an unbalanced engine.
That way i have always done that if turbo have divide housing.
Back pressure not been ever proplem when use Master Powers.
Last setup when i measure i had 3bar boost and 1.8bar back pressure. But if engine pulls easily at limiter not stressed about backpressure.

Got finally new fuel feed pump. They think at it be first one shipped out of USA

_small.jpg

Here is that exhaust welded

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

Last edited:
Back