Nos wet vs dry

I guess if you have no other way to inject fuel, it might be worth a "shot" har-d-har-har.

They have been experimenting with "fogging" diesel engines since they were first invented. To an extent, this is the idea behind Pilot Injection, to shoot in some fuel that doesn't burn, but creates a fog for the main shot to ignite.

With the GM's we could increase the injector duration when the nitrous is active by using the EFILive DSP2 option and trigger the second tune tables off the nitrous relay. We can also back off the timing if so desired. So the engine basically will run entirely different tuning when the nitrous is on. To complicate it further, you can also activiate the nitrous WITH the tuning as well.

I would think spraying low pressure liquid diesel into the manifold to be a last option. If it puddles or gells from the nitrous, you could be in big trouble. I don't think detonation could occur though.

Sounds like a great thing to play with if you've got a few extra engines laying around. ;)

McRat said:
I guess if you have no other way to inject fuel, it might be worth a "shot" har-d-har-har.

They have been experimenting with "fogging" diesel engines since they were first invented. To an extent, this is the idea behind Pilot Injection, to shoot in some fuel that doesn't burn, but creates a fog for the main shot to ignite.

With the GM's we could increase the injector duration when the nitrous is active by using the EFILive DSP2 option and trigger the second tune tables off the nitrous relay. We can also back off the timing if so desired. So the engine basically will run entirely different tuning when the nitrous is on. To complicate it further, you can also activiate the nitrous WITH the tuning as well.

I would think spraying low pressure liquid diesel into the manifold to be a last option. If it puddles or gells from the nitrous, you could be in big trouble. I don't think detonation could occur though.

Sounds like a great thing to play with if you've got a few extra engines laying around. ;)

Yeah..I have seen a few Ford engines run away and catch fire due to those wet fogging systems(fuel soleniod stays open!!!). This was on the 7.3 engine though but it applies accross the board. Once that fuel ignites...it is vicious.

Richard

As i understand it, our Fords are not low pressure systems. Plus DJ has been using it on his truck for some time now.

McRat said:

Yes Mike you are correct.

Mr McRat you are also 100% correct, yet you are running a fuel system that if I am not mistaken is "commonrail" and easy to play with. Unfortunately, us Fords are running an HU system. Every little bit of fuel we can get into that motor will create all kinds neat horsepower. I for one have been running a wet system since 1999. Yes, we have taken back a couple of motors but for the past few years we have had the fastest Fords around and we ain't taken back any more motors :woohoo:

A wet nitrous system (some parts nos/some parts fuel) works excellent on the Ford 6.0L. No doubt the numbers prove it. We run 11.82 at 116.8mph with a stock suspension with 6360 lbs.. Our nearest competitor ran an 11.51 with a 4-link suspension at 5300 lbs. The wet system does work. You do the math.

DJ :evil

raychem said:
Yeah..I have seen a few Ford engines run away and catch fire due to those wet fogging systems(fuel soleniod stays open!!!). This was on the 7.3 engine though but it applies accross the board. Once that fuel ignites...it is vicious.

Richard

Yes any engine will run away with extra fuel like that, when your solenoid gets stuck. Using the proper solenoid usually helps. That is why we have our own setup, that we have been perfecting for years :Cheer:

djdieseltech said:
Yes any engine will run away with extra fuel like that, when your solenoid gets stuck. Using the proper solenoid usually helps. That is why we have our own setup, that we have been perfecting for years :Cheer:

Yep...solenoid gets stuck open. This was a while back and I know things have been improved greatly but I always felt sorry every time I saw a 7.3 on fire. A few of those trucks were people I know.

hmmm.... that would really suck. I guess I will go ahead and pack a extinguisher when I do mine cause i'm gonna fight it to the end.

Back