not getting fuel HELP!!

DBogo

alright well my situation has got worse the one truck has the injectors that wont come out of it and the other one wont run, its been sitting a little while and i went to start it and it sputtered a little and thats it, so i changed the fuel filter it had a ton of crap in it, and now it wont even sputter i have primed the hell out of it, im getting no fuel at the injectors, i cleaned the prescrean and still nothing, it will fire off either but thats it, any body have any suggestions at all i need one of these trucks running asap

is the fuel shutoff solenoid coming up? maybe you bumped it off while changing the filter

I do not know what your issue is but I would try and figure out how far its going like open up some fittings at least that'll narrow it down for ya. And would make the lack of fuel easier to figure out.

Thats all i got good luck

Try and crack 2-3 lines and start it with half throttle.

alright still nothing bled all the injectors many times and it fires runs rough for about 10-30 seconds and then dies, i got rid of the fuel heater thinking that it may be sucking air there, im so frusterated and out of ideas anything would be help now

If you pull the 90* elbow off and put a hose from the LP to a bucket and pump the primer bulb or crank it over does it put fuel in the bucket? I had a similar problem after I changed my fuel lines. It ran fine before and when I pulled the lines it wouldn't start. The LP was dead and the P-pump was pulling the fuel.....but once I cracked the lines that was done.

That almost sounds like a lift pump failure. I wish I knew more to help. I am still learning on my '97. Chris

Are all of your lines stock? If not I would bet money that you have a leak somewhere around the Bell housing. If the you have replaced any lines look for kinks,I have been here before and it drove me nut's! I had a kinked fuel line under the air horn,I bled and bled and got Nothing. Finally I went back to basics and found the problem. It's frustrating but you will find it keep looking and don't give up!!

im thinking the timing may be off would that cause symptoms like this, and all the fuel lines are stock

like said might look back to the lift pump. me and a buddy swapped a pump out on a running truck. put all back together messed with it for two hrs could not get any fuel to go to the injectors. you should be able to here the overflow valve hissing when you prime on it his we could not but valve was good. so we swapped out the lift pump and bam had it running in a few min. and the pump we took off was not that old either.

I went through 3 LP is 4 years......I don't know whats going on with them but they are junk now. Do a bucket test to see if it's moving any fuel before you pull it off and spend money on a new one.

alright retimed it tonight and it fired up and sounded mean, then went to take it down the road and it wouldnt rev up past like 2k and then sputtered and died so i put a lift pump on i had laying around and still nothing so i must be sucking air somewhere between the tank and the lift pump so next step is another lift pump, draw straw and new line

Back