Not sure TDI guys fit in here

JFettig

I've been told that I should post my future diesel swap up here but for now I'm just looking for parts(and need my 10 posts to PM :rolleyes:) More on that project when I get it started :)

My other vehicle is a rare 1998 Passat TDI with an 1.9L AHH motor, its kind of a mix between an AHU and an auto ALH motor. 11mm IP, VNT turbo, AHU mounted longitudinally, the car is a VW auto show car that got left over here and I got lucky enough to stumble across it.

Being the modding junkie I am, I drop on bigger turbo, bigger nozzles and tune it... I netted about 140hp, not that exciting so I ordered up a BV43 from Europe and a Colt Stage 2 cam and successfully doubled my power and torque(not shown in the dyno curve, fixed that later).

Anyway, here's my car
tn_IMG_2489.jpg

It appears to be on stilts, I've lowered it 1-1.5" since.
Under the hood:
tn_IMG_2375.jpg

179hp dyno run
tn_IMG_2621.jpg

video from dyno run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSbqhlg028

For my next project, I need an HY35.

Thanks, I did see that. Looks pretty dead in there. I frequent TDI Club for most of my TDI needs, however when it comes to compound turbos, it looks like I'll have plenty to read here.

I love my 06 tdi but its mostly my mileage racer with a Malone tune, Welcome to comp d.

Thanks guys, I also have a Malone tune. I am pretty happy with the performance.

Crap.. wideopen, ban this douche bag. The guys crazy, putting a TDI in a Porsche too.

Bastard? You're the loser that's never been over 100mph in your own car. Good thing someone with experience going fast popped that cherry for ya.

No, I've never been over 120mph in my own car, I hit 100-110 a few times...

At least I don't get chased by mini vans!

that mini van was almost as fast as your veedub. weird when you getting to 120 and the lights aren't that far back......

oh, btw, its ok to put a TDI into a Porsche if I use a Cummins turbo and a Volvo turbo!

120 is so slow LOL I once had my '96 passat to 130...took forever with only 90hp. :lolly:

Cool vid. That car must be broke cause it smokes!

Last edited:
Welcome!

Gotta 02 Golf TDI as well as the truck. Unlike my truck, it's run great the last 3.5 years i've own it. lol
It's completely stock minus the EGR stuff.

Back