Not trying to be an ass. serious question

nick112207

I don't know too much about fords, or how much power than can make. I myself am a Cummins boy. Now i am wondering how high the Powerstroke guys usually can get? Are the motors just not built as strong as the Cummins so they can't get as high? Or can they get as high and be up there and work reliably? Like i said i'm not trying to be an ass or anything genuinely curious about it

ah ok thanks. like i said i wasn't sure if the design of the motor was the downfall or if it just wasn't possible to get up there.

And by no means am i bashing the Fords. I'd love to have an older 90's body style Ford but the Cummins comes first to me

Its mainly the fuel system that sucks.. If the 7.3 was a CR fuel system it could probably keep up with the cummins power wise.???

Its mainly the fuel system that sucks.. If the 7.3 was a CR fuel system it could probably keep up with the cummins power wise.???

Gee I don't know about that. I think the correct statement would be:
"If the 7.3 had a CR fuel system, it would be easier yet to explode".

Not the case the biggest hold back on the 7.3 is the amount of fuel that we can currently supply the motor with. The durability of the motor is there it just needs FUEL in the worst way. Look at Double Overtime it is a P pumped 7.3 with huge ponies and trq numbers.
New things are to come this winter that are going to open a lot of eyes on the 7.3.

Not the case the biggest hold back on the 7.3 is the amount of fuel that we can currently supply the motor with. The durability of the motor is there it just needs FUEL in the worst way. Look at Double Overtime it is a P pumped 7.3 with huge ponies and trq numbers.
New things are to come this winter that are going to open a lot of eyes on the 7.3.

Right, the HEUI wasnt designed to deliver that much fuel.

Sounds like u know sumthin'. Care to indulge us?:Cheer:

Double Overtime is hardly a Powerstroke anymore. A Sigma pumped 7.3 (if it still is) with custom made, one off everything is an exception to the rule...:banned:

Right, the HEUI wasnt designed to deliver that much fuel.

Sounds like u know sumthin'. Care to indulge us?:Cheer:
Just posted a small little teaser video but cant really go into details just yet.

Double Overtime is hardly a Powerstroke anymore. A Sigma pumped 7.3 (if it still is) with custom made, one off everything is an exception to the rule...:banned:

It was a one off b/c it was the first one. there is more to come and more ways to fuel then before to go with that not just by P pump or sigma thats as far as I can get into right now

lately i've been hearing about more 600hp cummins exploding then 600hp 7.3s.... i've been saying for awhile that the cummins isn't as durable as people think it is... it's just been tested more and people know which steps to take first to keep it from blowing up

i asked this on another forum and got the same answer. just like EDP said the fuel injection system cant deliver enough fuel. in terms of reliablity i think its the best ford diesel out there unless your making tons of power

why dose every one think that the heui system is what makes a powerstroke a powerstroke. especially since the 6.4 powerstroke is commonrail. at least double overtime is still running a powerstroke block. sure its higly modified but the way I understand it most of the cummin's running at that leval are running a custom billit block so whats the differance?

if you dont like double overtime look at billy zimmer's stroked all he did was build a new front cover and make some adapters so the mecanical injectors would fit in the heui injector holes. its alittle more complicated than that but its still its basicly something most people that have some pretty good mechanical experiance can do, since wipe out is selling the kit now the way I understand it.

No really, there is a limited supply of testers now. Even with parts available, they are very expensive. It will just take more time, but the 6.0 will be there. Most everyone has given up on it and gone to a cummins. Just wait there is a few quick 6.0's coming soon.

No really, there is a limited supply of testers now. Even with parts available, they are very expensive. It will just take more time, but the 6.0 will be there. Most everyone has given up on it and gone to a cummins. Just wait there is a few quick 6.0's coming soon.

Though there is a few 6.0's out there most of them are running a large amount of spray. If your looking at the strip only then yeah there might be a few to come out in the near future but there is still some major issues on the those trucks as far as fuel delivery goes.

Remember there is no replacement for dis placement. Bigger cubes = bigger trq

Common rail is not to far off

Back