NTPA Super Stock Rules ?

BigBadDodge

Anybody have a copy of the rule book that would be willing to let me know what the rules are for Super Stock Diesel class? Can't see buying the book for one pull.

BBD

Yes sir, try to get out that way every other year, looking at the Nationals in Bowling Green OH, 1 hour away from home :)

BBD

My truck currently meets NADM rules, just wondering if there was anything different with the NTPA rules that I need to be worried about, their using NTPA rules at the Bowling Green, OH hook in August, and I don't want to drive across country to find out I was missing something.

Thanks,

BBD

NTPA Diesel Super Stock FWD Trucks

1. Weight class will operated at an 8000 lb. maximum

2. Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inches. Engine must come 1 ton or smaller truck.

3. All inline engines are required to have a side shield consisting of .125 (1/8) thick steel or titanium or .250 (1/4) aluminum. Shield must be attached to the vehicle chassis (frame) with a minimum of 5/16 fasteners at both ends and center on the bottom and to the engine block at both ends (bolted solid or with a length of 5/16 chain) at deck height on the top. This shield must extend from the bottom of the head to the centerline of the crankshaft and extend the full length of the block on each side of the engine

4. V 8 engines are required to have a minimum of .060 steel or aluminum side shield. This shield must extend from the bottom of the head to the centerline of the crankshaft and extend the full length of the block on each side of the engine

5. No nitrous, propane or alcohol -- #2 Diesel only

6. Water injection is permitted. Alcohol, methanol, and all other flammables are prohibited.

7. Turbochargers- limited to 2 stage configuration

8. Hanging weights allowed- weights must not extend more than 60’’ from the centerline of front axle (weights must be secure)

9. 26” Hitch height

10. Wheelbase maximum 158”

11. Hitch hook point must not be less than 44” from the centerline of rear axle. Min. 3’’ X 3.75’’ drawbar opening.

12. Hitch must not exceed a max of 33 degree angle from pivot point to hook point.

13. Rigid suspension allowed

14. Drop boxes, Reversers allowed.

15. S.F.I 3.2a-1 fire suit required.

16. Snell 90 or newer helmets required.

17. S.F.I. approved clutch assembly required, (must be inspected annually like all other NTPA vehicles)

18. S.F.I. Bell housing blankets and/or S.F.I. Blow proof bell housing required

19. All U-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 3/8” think aluminum or 5/16” thick steel. Shield will be 6inchs long minimum and centered on U-joint. Inside diameter of shield will no more than 2 inches larger than U-joint.

20. All intermediate shafts between the transmission and transfer case will be totally enclosed in 3/8” aluminum or 5/16” steel, ¼ of shaft may be visible.

21. 2.5 lb Fire extinguishers `and seatbelts required

22. Exhaust must exit vertically, minimum of cab height with (2)- 3/8” inch bolts mounted in a cross pattern as close to the turbo as possible.

23. Air shutoff’s required- consisting of (1) cable to the rear of the truck to be operated by the sled, and also a cable inside the driver’s compartment

24. Kill switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have two inch diameter ring to attach the sled.

25. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. Shield not to be mounted to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.

26. 35” tire maximum height, tread width not exceed 18”

27. Cut or Sharpened tires allowed

28. Mechanical or electronic fuel injection permitted

29. Tires and wheels must stay in center of the wheel wells as intended by the manufacture.

30. All normal NTPA membership and event operations will apply.

Hmm, there aren't very many hood stacks that are as high as the top of the cab is there....? I'm commenting about rule 22.

Last edited:
Rule 17- not sure if they have any inspectors out that way, may have to pull clutch and get checked before you hook.....may want to get there early

Yeah idk why it said 8000lbs I found those rules on here from a thread last year about it

Rule 17- not sure if they have any inspectors out that way, may have to pull clutch and get checked before you hook.....may want to get there early

The clutch and bellhousing will have to be inspected for anyone to pull at an NTPA event. If you are not a member, it will cost you $50 for the inspection.

rules 3 and 4 dont make sense to me.

why is a v8 only required to have .060 al. side shields and not .125 steel or .250 al. like the inline engines do?

A rod coming out of a motor will be a whole lot more likely to go in the ground then the crowd.

The clutch and bellhousing will have to be inspected for anyone to pull at an NTPA event. If you are not a member, it will cost you $50 for the inspection.

Can I pull it here, have it inspected by a proffesional like Molinari, and get a card from him? will that pass?

The wieght is no big deal,500lbs less I have to trailer across country.

Thanks for the help guy's

BBD

Turbochargers- limited to 2 stage configuration

Don't a lot guy's have triples in this class out that way?

BBD

^^^I believe they still use the tripple setups in a 2 stage system. 2 primary chargers feeding a single secondary charger.

Back