Nv4500 from a Chevy going on a 92 dodge ram 12v

unfinished business

My buddy is working on his new cruiser and puller and came across an Nv4500 from a Chevy and is trying to figure out what it takes to install it on a VE 12v dodge. We already got a new bellhousing. The question is what about clutch, hydros, input, pilot bearing etc.

Any help or guidance would be awesome.

Thank you,

Paul

What year Chevy is it from.? IIRC the early ones will not work, the later ones are just like a Dodge nv4500 input and bearing wise. You guys probably knew most of that so I'm of no help. :hehe:

Perfect! That's the one you want, the earlier one had a lower reverse gear, The shafts and bearings are not interchangeable.

I went through the same deal but I had an early Chevy :bang. I'm not recalling the hydro's, feel free to ask I'll try to remember and help out.

Do you have the correct bell housing? Last I read advanced adaptors is the only one left to adapt to 1st gen bell to the NV4500.

Transfer case clocking

Not sure on first gen, but the clocking is different from Dodge to Chevy, on the back of the tranny, you may have to use a Chevy transfer case or change the adaptor on back of the tranny to match what you have:lolly:

Back