NV5600 gear whine with RedLine MTF

thundergunder

Getting it done
I recently installed a set for Blumental Coolers (think Fast Coolers, only bigger) on my 02 NV5600. When i installed them i switched from AmsOil Syncromesh to RedLine MTF. I dumped in 8 quarts through the tower. 5 for the factory fill, 2 for each cooler, and one for the over fill. The problem is since switching to the RedLine MTF, which is made for the NV5600, i have gear whine. I can hear it in every gear, but more so in 5th. I can hear it even more when im switching gears, probably because I let off of it and the motor isnt as loud due to no load. I am running a temp probe and its only broke 100* once, at 116* im not sure how accurate it is because only the end surface of the probe is touching the oil; i need to tap the 1/4"-1/8" NPT bung deeper. Does anyone else have a problem with gear whine? I never heard it before. I asked hear because i figure, that there are more 6 speeds in 3rd gens then 2nds.

I have a G56, but when I did my clutch I left the cover off the tranny and it was really loud. Maybe it is not tight? Fluid didn't leak out did it? I put the tranny coolers and didn't notice any difference so that probably isn't it.

I have a G56 also with a nasty gear whine in 3rd.

It's got me worried, but fawk it. Run it till it blows

Back