NV5600: Maybe Amsoil ins't the one?

zstroken said:
Can someone summarize the posts from TDR, so I don't have to read them? :)

Absolutely. There are fourty five people that chimed in with a total of 37 different opinions, 5 mis-conceptions about the NV5600, and 2 complete idiots. :hehe:

Looks like it boils down to try it and if you don't like it, drain it and start over. I'll buy some at lunch today and try to post up my experience with it in a day or so. It is colder than a snowmans nuts right now (at least for us Okies) so my tranny temp only gets to about 85F before I get to where I usually go. After a long road trip and a tranny temp or 150F or better it shifts fine with no grindage or need for a double clutch from 2 to 3 on only Amsoil MTF.

Thanks for the post Jason.

Off topic, Electrical Engineer? What area? What do you do?

I design radar distribution equipment for the navy. I do mostly mechanical design now with a lot of 3D drafting and try to leave all the programming to the nerds down the hall. :D

Results.....

.....NEGATIVE!!! I finally got the spare 10 minutes to jerk my shifter off and dump a bottle of limited slip additive into my tranny last week. I drove it to town twice before Christmas. I put the whole 7 oz bottle (or 8 oz, whatever was there). Long story short, it didn't work worth a toss on my truck. Tranny temp was 45 when I left the house this morning and I just had to skip 3rd. Double or triple clutch or not, it wasn't going to happen. Anyway, it may work on some but it didn't work for mine. I guess I'll just have to wait until summer to get rid of the grind or hook up some sort of tranny fluid heater along with my block heater.

Back