OBD2 code reader question?

Hoss

Have any of you found an OBD2 code reader that works on Dodge diesel trucks? I have tried a couple different ones now and had no luck so far. One I just had shipped worked on my buddys 04 but will not work on a 98,2001 or 2002 truck. I an not willing to spend $1000.00+ I just want a simple reader.
Thanks in advance for any input :rockwoot:

i've got a mac otc scanner, u can buy different chips for different vehicles, but i just use a generic obd2 chip and it reads codes, rpm's, tps% and several other things. i believe it was about $1000.00

i've got a mac otc scanner, u can buy different chips for different vehicles, but i just use a generic obd2 chip and it reads codes, rpm's, tps% and several other things. i believe it was about $1000.00

Thanks I will look into it

Someone must use a code reader on our trucks?????????

I have a Acutron that my ol man got from autozone in was around 300 bucks in its worked on everything i plug it in to.

I have one like MtTom's and it works on my '01.5. It's a model 3160 and will read ABS as well as enhanced DTC's.
It won't diagnose the PCM or ECM problems ...you'll need a Mopar DRB piece to get that deep.

Equus Innova 3160 Enhanced CanOBD2® + ABS Diagnostic Tool - eToolDirect

Thank you! This is just what I am looking for :rockwoot: I just want to read and clear codes and I needed to find one that will work on a second gen Dodge truck. I have a couple now that work on 3rd gen but not 2nd gen. The added ABS is a bonus

Back