OBS Dead

Pat T.

So sunday I was taking the wife up to get a new car and was playing with a WRX on the freeway. The truck started cutting out and then just lost all power, then the CEL came on. So I wipped out the Evo and pulled the codes (sorry I forgot to write them down), the first was an over boost code and the second was an over temp code. I cleared the codes, truck won't start. I took the extreme setting out and took it back to stock, still no start. The CEL is no longer on, and the tach does move. It acts like there is no oil pressure, so I am thinking maybe the IPR? There are no leaks from anywhere I can see. My buddy is bringing down his snap on scanner but I figured if I might be able to save him a trip across the border.

My friend had the exact same thing happen. It turned out that the Edge failed and he needed his PCM reflashed. That might not be your problem, but it sounds just like what happened to my friend.

After checking a few things it looks like I may have a blown o-ring on one of the injectors. The HPOP is drained, crank case is full like it is supposed to be, plenty of fuel, all fuses good. So hopefully it will get fixed tonight :rockwoot:

Back