ODL?

cumins01

Building a new engine and going ODL for 2017 in the 3.0 smooth bore class. Truck will run a 35" tire (BFG or Nitto not sure) have 6.20 gears in the rear and 6.17 in the front. Looking at the SCS kit (dropbox, reverser, torque tube and shield) with 3 gear sets. What ratio are most of you running the dropbox and what 3 gear sets are you choosing? I know with my current setup I think I was running a 13.2 finial drive ratio but that my change with this whole ODL stuff. Let me know what you all think good or bad
Thanks

I would suggest getting the profab box with the 2 to 1 lower unit. purchase the 1700, 1800 and 1900 sets. You can run them flipped, by doing this it gives you 6 different ratios on your final drive.
The formula is 6.17 x 2 x_____(quick change ratio)

This is a good starting point.

RK

I would suggest getting the profab box with the 2 to 1 lower unit. purchase the 1700, 1800 and 1900 sets. You can run them flipped, by doing this it gives you 6 different ratios on your final drive.
The formula is 6.17 x 2 x_____(quick change ratio)

This is a good starting point.

RK

Why a profab box Rick? Just curious. I have a e-mail into Profab to see what they can do. For you guys running a 4 disc clutch, the slave cylinder is no problem. What are you guys using for master cylinders?

Your choice SCS or Profab....both are great boxes. I am not sure about SCS's ratios on the lower side. Its best to call them about that. You want your final drive to be somewhere between 14 and 11 to 1 depending upon your HP.

As for master cylinder you can use the stock one on your truck and plug the fitting to the back or you can spend some money and get a Wilwood setup.

RK

How about a clutch master cylinder? Can you just use a normal brake master cylinder from wilwood?

I set mine up mechanically. But yes, you should be able to find a wilwood cylinder that will work. Summit has a good selection in stock.

Back