ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

I'd say Baytown. The owner there loves diesels and a pulling track has fit there before and you don't have to leave th stands to watch it.

Dhra used to get a huge turnout in Baytown.

I'd say Baytown. The owner there loves diesels and a pulling track has fit there before and you don't have to leave th stands to watch it.

Baytown gets my vote too

X3....always had a great time in Baytown.

Anywhere sounds good to me as long as yall come back to Texas that all i care about. Nothing in Austin so i've got to drive a while for all of them....

Driving directions to Baytown, TX
Suggested routes
5 hours 7 minsTX-19 S
270 mi
5 hours 16 minsUS-69 S and TX-146 S
270 mi
5 hours 19 minsTX-110 S and TX-19 S
280 mi

Argh.

Its been a while since I've been to the TX motorplex.. I would think there would be room somewhere for a pulling track.. (just throwing out ideas..)

Baytown for sure. Great track and there was always a good turn out for the DHRA events. I'm tired of all the events being in north texas. Need something down here.

They were in Baytown for years. We all from north Texas had to head south. I like Baytown and like Scott said, no one has to leave the stands to watch pulling. They can also run it into the night due to having the lights at the track. Start the event later and it can be cooler for finishing up in the evening. Anywhere yall go in Texas, I will go and will compete unless the heap is broke.

DHRA did have a good turnout in Baytown.

It also was in the heyday of Diesel truck growth/sales, cheaper fuel, a booming economy, had two hurricanes, was very expensive, and the pulling track was the same garbage we just pulled on in Dallas. Whats with ya'lls dirt?!?!??!:nail:

DHRA did have a good turnout in Baytown.

It also was in the heyday of Diesel truck growth/sales, cheaper fuel, a booming economy, had two hurricanes, was very expensive, and the pulling track was the same garbage we just pulled on in Dallas. Whats with ya'lls dirt?!?!??!:nail:

I hate to say it the track at baytown was nothing like the track at Crandall. The track at baytown was better than the track at indy. I vote for Crandall again if they bring in some good dirt and can prep the track.

Dhra would do alot of advertising too. Radio promos and stuff. I remember seeing flyers in an oreillys like 100 miles from the track. But that just brought specators and maybe a few bracket class racers. Y'all need to figure out why all the racers and big time pullers won't come down here like they did for dhra.

Well, I had been approached by aprox 9 or 10 guys asking about this place. I have no idea on cost, pros, nor cons. The guy in the bathroom at The Cotton Gin seemed pretty serious. LOL

http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/

Yall know anything about it? Good or Bad? Looks like plenty of room for a Sled pullin track too

On Edit: There were not 9 or 10 guys in the bathroom with me. This was merely through out the day Saturday.

Lonestar isn't A bad track. It's not near as nice as crandall ennis or Baytown tho. But maybe that means it won't cost as much to rent? Idk. I think hennesey owns it

Y'all need to figure out why all the racers and big time pullers won't come down here like they did for dhra.

DHRA paid their fuel!!!! They are also out of business!!
Can't stress enough, when fuel spiked at 4.90 a gallon, the entire Diesel event market changed, and has not come back to where it was, it may never.
Ive had guys not drive an HOUR to a pull, because it was too much in fuel, even though the payback was very nice.
2005ish, Diesel guys would convoy, ANYWHERE.

We agree, more advertising, is definitely needed, may need to ask you locals for help on that one.

Ennis was another one brought up to me. Is that 1/4 mile as well? Alot of yall run that 1/8 mile down south. Track prep means safety issues, safety issues are no bueno.

Ennis is 1/4. It's where they have the nhra Dallas race. All we really run in Texas is 1/4. Now there are 1/8 mile tracks but not many diesel events have been had at one. Well i take that back odra used to do stuff at an 1/8 mile

I kept hearing San Antonio, day of the event. I have a feeling the tracks suggested were all from guys who live near by them...

Back