Off to the track part 2

nummit

Sunny and clear today, I am leaving for New England Dragway in about 1/2 hr. I wont have to worry about a repeat of last weeks rainout.
I will post my slips good or bad.

I was there last night. I only ran once. 15.0 at 89mph. I was sleeping at the light and used 2wd no boosted lauch.

I saw some dark clouds cruising the skies last nite in Jersey, hope y-all got some runs in!:drive:

Pete, how did it go for you?:poke:

RacinDuallie said:
I saw some dark clouds cruising the skies last nite in Jersey, hope y-all got some runs in!:drive:

Pete, how did it go for you?:poke:

Not as good as I had hoped. My first run was 14.5 @ 95 with a no boost launch. Second run was 14.1 @ 97 with a full boost launch,but I got so much wheel hop I had to let off twice before it would hook cleanly.
Then someone oiled down the WHOLE track and it took an hour for the crew to clean it up. By the time they got up and running again the place was packed full of racers so we called it a night.
Last year I was running consistant 13.9's so I was disappointed that I was not able to get into the 13's again, but the bright side is that I picked up almost 2 mph over my 13 second runs from last year and never got a clean run.
The driver did not do DJ's tune any justice last night :doh:

nummit said:
Not as good as I had hoped. My first run was 14.5 @ 95 with a no boost launch. Second run was 14.1 @ 97 with a full boost launch,but I got so much wheel hop I had to let off twice before it would hook cleanly.
Then someone oiled down the WHOLE track and it took an hour for the crew to clean it up. By the time they got up and running again the place was packed full of racers so we called it a night.
Last year I was running consistant 13.9's so I was disappointed that I was not able to get into the 13's again, but the bright side is that I picked up almost 2 mph over my 13 second runs from last year and never got a clean run.
The driver did not do DJ's tune any justice last night :doh:

Those are still some great numbers Pete!! Great job!!:rockwoot:

Ben

I have learned to practice in the street. What ever i can leave at in the street I can do at the track. First thing is to figure out how hard you can leave with out it wheel hopping. I have found that i can only leave at 12#'s and the rpm was like 1800 or so. That has been the ultimate for me. Once i figured out where to leave at i started running 13.6's all day long. Just play around and see how hard you can leave with out any tire spin. These trucks are such a blast and so impressive, so enjoy i know i do every time i step in mine.

I get no wheel spin in 4x4 just massive wheel hop. Im sure the 5" rear blocks don't help at all LOL Last year the I still had stock suspension so wheel hop was not an issue

cool, well if you do please introduce yourself, I'll most likely be close to the MassDiesel truck helping Scott with anything that he might need. Its the first runs on his new set up so not sure how it will go, hopefully good though.

nummit said:
I get no wheel spin in 4x4 just massive wheel hop. Im sure the 5" rear blocks don't help at all LOL Last year the I still had stock suspension so wheel hop was not an issue

Traction Bars- Pete........:poke: :evil

Back