Ohio Pulls

ComnRailPwr

List any upcoming pulls that you know of. I'm interested in hearing what brush and charity/ benefit pulls are out there that Will complement whats listed on cotpc site. Thanks.

I think there was one in Attica this last weekend. My impression was it was quite the show...

SEE LINK, go to the 40 sec area

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5nXBf2i9G8"]Attica Open Class June 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Yeh the frame bent on reed's truck. It's a shame, I believe its an 09 with under 100k and now a salvage title. It was for sale. I think i'll be adding some plating to mine or leave my traction bars longer. Not blaming the sled operator but sometimes I feel like its their goal to break our trucks. Ridiculous, glad I wasn't there. From the looks of it the track was plenty long enough and theirs no reason for the sled to be set that heavy.

Last edited:
I saw that, while it is bad for the pullers, it looks like the sled was just a heavy starting sled. I have seen it where they just slam the tar out of them and the trucks will jump off the ground when the tires unload. It looks like the truck was hooked up just too well.

Longer traction bars would help keep it from bending but also take away some of the trucks hook... It's a fine line really

Hit the nail on the head Justin, I will sacrifice some hook over bent frame. I think Danny was driving which is even worse for him, there was nothing he did wrong or could have prevented that. Just unfortunate luck.

Dan I agree. It didn't look like it slammed the truck. Just too much hook with a heavy starting sled.

The pan lifts off the track at the start of the hook. How could it start any easier?

I don't have a good view, just going by the sound of a few trucks that took off. Seemed to really pull down, so I figured it was hard starting, so no portion of the pan is being drug? Some of the sleds still have part of the pan on the ground and just pivot part of the pan down when they want to stop.

Last edited:
Hit the nail on the head Justin, I will sacrifice some hook over bent frame. I think Danny was driving which is even worse for him, there was nothing he did wrong or could have prevented that. Just unfortunate luck.

Dan I agree. It didn't look like it slammed the truck. Just too much hook with a heavy starting sled.

Reed was driving, really sucks!

Last edited:
Here is the list of classes at Woodsfield Saturday. My mistake, no RWYB class as in years past but 8000 Open Diesel 4x4 instead.

1)6500 Street Stock 4x4.
2)6200 Cheater Stock 4x4.
3)8000 Street Diesel 4x4.
4)8500 Open Turbo Tractor.
5)9500 3000 RPM Tractor.
6)6300 Open Street 4x4.
7)9500 Open Turbo Tractor.
8)10,500 3000 RPM Tractor.
9)8000 Open Diesel 4x4 (Cut Tires Are Allowed).

Back