Oil Cooler Block off plates for Filled BLock

Pretty sure they were custom made by one of the Watsons when they owned that truck.

I cut a stock oil cooler apart and welded the holes shut. Then cut the bottom off and tapped the holes in the block.

This is one of the projects I wanted to work on making some variations for but there just isn't enough interest to justify me putting off other work to get it completed.

Keating makes a plate but it only has one hole for the oil supply with an external oil pump. At least it was the last time I talked to him.

Its simple if you look at it. Left is oil to the motor, right is to the pump, and bottom is a drain.

Last edited:
Hmm figure there would just be a inlet and outlet for a stock oil pump setup.

I have the peterson regulator in the above link. If i were to do it again i would use a filter head with a adjustable regulator built in which would use less fittings.

I have the peterson regulator in the above link. If i were to do it again i would use a filter head with a adjustable regulator built in which would use less fittings.

Thought about doing that but was told that many filter heads do not flow like the Peterson valve.

Back