Oil in compressor housing

Cummins610

Rookie
My turbo on my 01 has quite a bit raw oil / carbon in the compressor housing and wheel. It seems to have quite abit up/down play but no in/out. Should I start looking for a different turbo? Running a paper BHAF for a filter.

Here are the pictures:
d15b6bfb-ea1e-65f9.jpg

d15b6bfb-ea40-31ad.jpg

Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the crank case breather plugged? Does the engine have excessive blow-by? What type/brand air filter? Have you noticed excessive oil consumption?

Is the crank case breather plugged? Does the engine have excessive blow-by? What type/brand air filter? Have you noticed excessive oil consumption?

No the factory breather is not plugged, some blowby but not what I would call excessive, not any more oil than normal. It is a paper Wix filter. Why do you think a blocked breather may cause this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did u have a k&n on there at a previous time? there is no recirc into the turbo from any crankcase ventilation... wipe it off and see if its there in a few miles... looks like what is left if you have an oiled air filter... dust and something for it to stick to

High restriction it the air filter will cause oil to be drawn through the front turbo seal. Excessive crank case pressure will push oil through both turbo seals.

my money is on the restrictive POS paper air filter... put a filter minder on the end of it, I bet it sucks it in big time.

Back