Oil Leak/Lose

Bobus

Powerstroked
I have a '06 F350 6.0l that had a New engine installed 11,500miles ago and It has been consuming lots of oil lately..(Gallon In the last week 1400miles) So I hauled it into Ford, and they found the lower Intercooler Tube is full of oil, and you can see the Boots are drippin oil.. The dealer thinks its prolly a Turbo Issue, Any suggestions as to what would cause this?

Bad seals on the turbo, not the end of the world, but don't know if you need to replace the turbo to put seals in it or not. I wuold think it should be a fairly easy fix.

Just be happy your engine didn't run away with you... uncontrolled oil passage into the air stream can behave like fuel and take the motor to uncontrolled speed and cause rpm related catastrophic failure.

Look at the bright side, at least your aluminum boost tubing won't rust...

Yeah I had my last 6.0l Run away on me..It was turnin some impressive RPM's before it stopped running, No holes in the block though, It just hydro locked. It just boggles me that I'm having these issues again with only 11500 miles, Yes the truck has been in the shop before.. Its a LEMON

I cant slam the dealer to bad, I mean they've been really good to me except for the fact of denial of a buyback/lemon law Or any help what so ever to get out of my 40K Dollar paper weight. They pretty much hunt down and fix any problem, They just seem to reoccur over and over

so, what problem did they really "fix" then, if it keeps coming back?

Again, switch dealers immediately.

Back