Oil pressure problem.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
I was checking out a 06 cummins last night that was showing no oil pressure after about 10 seconds of running. I checked with a manual gauge at the oil filter adapter and it is good. Im thinking faulty sending unit but my question is, is it possible to have oil pressure at the oil filter but not at the sending unit?

Sending unit is bad. Same thing happened to mine. It is on the pump side of the block under the intake manifold, on the oil rifle.

My truck does the same thing, Bustedknuckles, I guess I need to swap the sending unit...

Where is the sending unit located?

How hard is it to swap and change?

Any part numbers or price?

I called Mumua this morning, and Jeff asked if I was running a oil filter relocation kit, and he suggested that I move it up to the height of the stock oil filter.

Jeff wanted to say that the oil pressure sensor is around the ECM area, but wasn't sure.

Mine will usually drop oil pressure around 20-30 seconds after first initial cold startup.

I called Mumua this morning, and Jeff asked if I was running a oil filter relocation kit, and he suggested that I move it up to the height of the stock oil filter.

Jeff wanted to say that the oil pressure sensor is around the ECM area, but wasn't sure.

Mine will usually drop oil pressure around 20-30 seconds after first initial cold startup.

The thing that got me was the fact that you mentioned the overhead became noisy after idling with zero oil pressure. That's a pretty good indicator in my book that you actually have no oil pressure.

The sensor is #16 in the diagram

Last edited:
Back