oil pressure

dezl

So im driving down the highway the other day and I hammer on the gas and as alwasy my oil pressure climbs up. I hear a thud but nothing at all happnes, truck runs totally fine no issues at all, so in continue down the road and head home. When I get home I park my truck and then this morning when I come out to my truck I notice a fair amount of oil under it, so I pop the hood and notice that my oil cap is missing. So im assuming thats what the thud was..any body have any idea why i would blow the oil cap off my truck? Also my oil pressure gauge that I installed will hit about 70 or so at WOT.

somehow you produced more pressure inside the engine than the vents could relieve (excessive blow-by, perhaps)... that what you are asking?

install valve cover vents is a possibility

im thinking i have a bit of blow by and now looking at the engine after it was warm im thinking maybe my head gasket is having issues.

How do I do those vents?

While on the subject of oil pressure, my oil pressure is being weird. Usually when i first start the truck the oil pressure is 40psi and when i get moving it increases a little. when truck warms up it runs about 40psi if not a sliver over when moving and drops down when sittin still and idleing. lately its been about 40psi at idle all the time and decreases then jumps back up and goes past 40psi. how much i can't honestly say its stock gauge. its not exsesivly high but still not what im use to seeing. it is time for a oil change could that be whats causing it to do this? if this is confusing let me no i'll try to clear it up some

My truck does something similar. My truck will idle down when just letting off the accelerator and I notice pressure decreasing to mid 30s then jumping back up to 40, all at the same engine rpm. I just figured it is something to do with the electric gauge. I wouldn't think oil pressure would change like that given the same motor temp. and rpm. Anyone have any input?

Back