OK now its the BRAKES

moneymaker44

Well i have cured the head gasket issue (I HOPE)

and since my luck really is bad
the 2nd day i drive the truck to work just rolling along some SOB pulls out in front of me sweet huh so i lock the brakes up to keep from sending him to meet his maker ! And now my ABS light and break light are on ????
the brakes work fine actually seem to work better LOL but since i drive a lot at night those little lights drive me nuts. not to mention i would like to fix what ever the problem is. so no lights on before i slammed on the brakes and they have been on every since.

Anybody have any thoughts on this please chim in.

by the way anyone seen smokem lately ??

that is what i love about this truck brake lights just went out ??
so i guess it was a quirk got to work both abs and brake lights were on ! get ready to leave this morning and hop in crank it up and poof both lights are out.

oh yeah first thing i did. and after i post the lights went out ! get in the truck to head to Work and Poof back on again! i think its the Rwal on the diff screwing up.

how about the vehicle speed sensor in the rear axle? That will make those two lights come on.. Maybe the sudden jolt caused the sensor to go bad somehow?

When you get your abs light to come on again there is a single plug above your left foot , right above/in front of the parking brake. You can ground this and your abs light will flash. Count it and you can decipher what is going on if you have a service manual...

Josh

I had same the thing happen to me. After about 3 or 4 days They went off and stayed off. Same thing happened when I changed rear brakes and cylinders.

jambbii said:
When you get your abs light to come on again there is a single plug above your left foot , right above/in front of the parking brake. You can ground this and your abs light will flash. Count it and you can decipher what is going on if you have a service manual...

Josh
ok great thanks

I know the speed sensors are a common problem, but can't see a sudden stop cause it to die. I would think more of a proportioning valve being knocked off center causing the lights to come on. However, it doesn't usually reset itself. Hope the sensor fixed yours.

Back