Old faithful leaks oil again 97 F350

Wildhorses

I have a 97 F350 power stroke, right about 150,000 miles.
About 6 months ago it started leaking diesel. Had the fuel pump replaced. They replaced it 3 time before it stopped leaking.
Shortly after the water pump went out. Then the oil started leaking. The first leak was related to a high pressure line not being tightened down by 1/16th.
Monday it started leaking oil again, not a ton about a quarter size puddle.
The valley is full of oil. I was told it is a seal that should have been replaced when the fuel pump was replaced.
Any ideas on which seal they are referring too? Don't want to pay another $700 just to have to tear it apart again.

The hp oil pump has a gasket between it, sometimes they leak. Could be anything up top though.
Best way I know to find it is pressure washout your valley real good and blow the water out. Fire it up and look. Could be hp oil lines, o-rings on hp oil lines, o-rings on hp oil pump, or the hp oil pump mounting gasket that should have been replaced when the pump was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This/ \ the early years were horrible for oil leaks but super reliable so pick your poison. A good pressure washer and patience will be your best friends.

Back