Old School Fummins... need some help.

Torque Monkey

The show stopper!!!!!
I have gotten pretty far with my Rat. I was hoping that you guys could help me with locating some parts I am missing and also a couple of odd items. Does anyone know of a lower radiator hose bracket, without AC that will locate the radiator straight down and as close to the block as possible? I don't have any good pictures of the neck now. i can take some tonight.

I am also wondering if it is possible to munt a power steering pump without the vaccum pump, below the P-pump? I have seen this on a 4bt and wondered if it could be used on a 1995 12V?

This is what it is going on...

1931 Ford Model A truck.

Attachments

• 2012-11-25_14-39-58_273.jpg
    2012-11-25_14-39-58_273.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-11-25_14-40-23_477.jpg
    2012-11-25_14-40-23_477.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
PM Snedge about the lower hose inlet.

The bread truck pump will bolt right on if you can find one. I have had no luck locating new ones.

The bread truck pump will bolt right on if you can find one. I have had no luck locating new ones.

The short power steering pump is same what was used with vacuum pump, only the gear and mounting bracket is special - hard to find item

The short power steering pump is same what was used with vacuum pump, only the gear and mounting bracket is special - hard to find item

I saw one on Saturday hooked to a friends 4BT. Probelm was he wouldn't leave the room long enough from me to remove it from the engine....:hehe:

I will PM Snedge

I reccomend to post WTB forum section, I got mine from here Compd.

Be careful, many different pump versions are available and they might not work , you must look similar to 6bta power steering pump

Here is my pump mod thread http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117043

Thanks for the link!

In reading that thread, all I really need to find is the mount and the gear, correct? I mean the factory power steering pump is pretty easy. Seems simple enough.

I didn't want to put it in the WTB section yet cause I am not sure what funding I have to work with at the moment. Basically just looking for resources and prices so I can plan. I just blew a bunch of money on the air bags, Mustang II front end upgrades, radiator, and a bunch of other stuff I ordered that I don't even remeber what it was. Sure adds up quick!:nail:

Yes, you need gear, braket and regular power steering pump

If you need I can make picture of aluminium bracket, I think there was casted Cummins part number.

Be nice if we could find the part numbers for that bracket and the gear.

I will be back in workshop after few days, I will make the pictures.

I will be back in workshop after few days, I will make the pictures.

Thanks!

No rush as I have plenty of other things to do anyhow. I will be using a Mustang II power rack and pinoin. Any idea if this would work with a hydroboost and will the hydroboost work if it is mounted under the floor boards?

Are you looking for this radiator hose outlet?

Also here is a picture of a LUK power steering pump that might work for you. I had to shim the crap out of mine to get it to play nice with the ford HydroBoost but all is well now.

Also I think I read on a forum where someone put the hydroboost under the floor for space reasons.

Attachments

• DSC00463.jpg
    DSC00463.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00529.jpg
    DSC00529.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00466.jpg
    DSC00466.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
I have seen people use the medum duty type pumps and just enlarge the bypass holes in the hydroboost and steering gear.

I've seen the units posted under the floor, no reason it wont work.

Are you looking for this radiator hose outlet?

Also here is a picture of a LUK power steering pump that might work for you. I had to shim the crap out of mine to get it to play nice with the ford HydroBoost but all is well now.

Also I think I read on a forum where someone put the hydroboost under the floor for space reasons.

That one would work also. Where did you get it? It appears that the location of the tensioner and alternator mount are different too. I have seen where they have a replacement valve for the power steering pump to work with Ford steering.

Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve for GM Pump, 2 GPM - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Last edited:
I have seen people use the medum duty type pumps and just enlarge the bypass holes in the hydroboost and steering gear.

I've seen the units posted under the floor, no reason it wont work.

Yeah, I can't really think of a reason it won't work. I just wanted to make sure.

That one would work also. Where did you get it? It appears that the location of the tensioner and alternator mount are different too. I have seen where they have a replacement valve for the power steering pump to work with Ford steering.

Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve for GM Pump, 2 GPM - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Came with the motor. Mine was a Medium duty motor. Yes the tensioner and alternator are mounted a bit differently as was the fan and pulley and the a/c compressor was mounted above valve cover #1 and was run by a seperate V-belt off an extra pulley on the fan.

Back