On3performance twins

jimhoyt

So i've been looking at my options on turbos lately.I think twins might be my best choice.Came across the On3performance twin kit.Uses your stock turbo.Seams cheap compared to other kits.Any feedback.Thanks

China parts, I'd be scared to run them with the pressure ratios we see. Some of the gas guys have had good luck with their stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Larson Miller from Firepunk has one on his truck with a cheetah. It has made 835 and has been really reliable.

The kit does use a silicone 90 that could be a problem, and there isn't a support for the big charger.

For the money I think the kit is a great choice.

I know they had a TON of failures a few years back in the Mustang world (their bread and butter), but in the last few years, they've been surprisingly reliable.

I haven't seen one on a diesel yet, but I'd say they went from a 3/10 for quality to a 7/10. The price tag seems to be worth the risk if you're trying to do it for cheap.

For that much money I built my old set including buying both the stock charger and the S475. Actually I think I built it for 1250 not 1600.

I run the On3 intercooler with no issues on the race truck. Like Clayton said, Larson is running it on his truck and only had an issue with the 90-degree between-stage boot.

After asking lavon about the on3 kit last night, he said they had no problem with it at all until the 800 mark. Then the boot kept slipping from under the clamp. The truck is pulling a trailer to ennis right now from ohio. Apparently they love it.

That would be enough justification to buy one for me.

Seems like a nice kit. Would it work on a 10'? I suppose I should send On3Performance an email, but thought I would ask here first. If the emissions equipment were removed, along with the flexible tubing for the exhaust, there is potential...

One thing I would maybe worry about is the size of your exhaust housing being a vgt.

Still looking at the On3 twin kit.For the $ seems like a no brainer.Any recent info or comments would be appreciated.I Have decided to go with 100hp sticks as well.Thanks

I think the 90° coupler has been changed and now uses a vband. I would call Firepunk or On3 and ask but I know it was discussed between them about the problems they were finding.

China parts, I'd be scared to run them with the pressure ratios we see. Some of the gas guys have had good luck with their stuff.

You must not be too familiar with the entire industrial and automotive world...

That being said there is good china (what the OEM uses), mediocre china (produces good parts but QC isn't there like the OEMs), and bad china (they bought blueprints from the OEM factories and half azz slap it all together).

I try to avoid China but it is nearly impossible.

Seems like a nice kit. Would it work on a 10'? I suppose I should send On3Performance an email, but thought I would ask here first. If the emissions equipment were removed, along with the flexible tubing for the exhaust, there is potential...

Did you ever find out if it would work on a 4th gen truck? I could see the downpipe being the issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

You must not be too familiar with the entire industrial and automotive world...

That being said there is good china (what the OEM uses), mediocre china (produces good parts but QC isn't there like the OEMs), and bad china (they bought blueprints from the OEM factories and half azz slap it all together).

I try to avoid China but it is nearly impossible.
Ok, who do you think has better qc, borg warner or a guy that sells turbos on ebay?

Ok, who do you think has better qc, borg warner or a guy that sells turbos on ebay?

I answered that with the post you quoted. The biggest difference between the OEM and China is QC. To compare turbos from borg and the china ones on fleabay is apples to oranges though. Most ebay sellers are selling for pennies and do not care if they last. We are talking about a piping kit. Who has better QC? A manufacturer in china that builds thousands of manifolds a day or the kid who has never welded a set up in his life? I hate the idea of China and I hate to say what I am saying. Point of my post is that you shouldn't necessarily write a product off because it says made in china on it. I highly doubt on 3 is drop shipping direct from China to your doorstep. Having had problems with products in the past they more than likely unbox them and look it over. For $1500 you could replace their turbo with a quality borg unit and still be well under most if not all kits out there. $.02

Last edited:
Back