oops... think i did something stupid...

Huntingman27062

was messin around with the AC on the truck cause it hadnt been working... found what i thought was the freon sensor and was going to jump it to see if it would kick on... since it kicks on when i jump straight to the compressor... well then the truck cut off and wont start back up? what the crap does this have to do with the AC? i checked all the fuses and there all good? why the heck wont my truck start anymore??

Attachments

• 1272654086033.jpg
    1272654086033.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 204
PS i tried alittle starting fluid to see what would happen and it run for a split second then right back off... also what is the little air pump mounted on the pass side fender behind the battery... it has always ran when the key is on and i never knew what it was... here lately its been dieing... like barely turning over... i pulled the vaccum line from the bottom of it and stuck my finger over the hole and it turns off? does this mean i got a vaccum leak somewhere or is it always suppose to run? looks like the line run in the dash right above the valve cover and then keep going to something under the drivers battery? thanks again guys..

gotta be real careful with throwin elctricty around on these truck, we bought a $100 computer safe test light for that reason, coulda fried something...

i was checking some wires one day with an old test light, it contacted with the frame and some how kicked the truck in 4wd

yeah i know it... ive done this on many other vehicles before... but this one is different... not sure why though... lol... just barely touched it and it wasnt but a split second there so i know it didnt burn up any wires but may have fried something else... just dont know what... lol... and i need my truck back... only means of transportation other then a frickin box van and i put enough gas in that thing... lol... rather walk... lol

Fram filter to boot :badidea: But seriously I wouldnt try to "jumper" anything on these truck they are beyond sensitive... Coulda screwed up the ecm

I forgot off the top of my head, but those wires are tied into the cam sensor I think. It's a somewhat common problem for one of those wires to rub through the insulation, and when it grounds out it causes a hard/no start problem.

ah... i remember something about that? causes hard start or something right? thought it was the crank position sensor though? plus i added power and didnt ground out... maybe the same problem in the end though... lol...

It seem your truck does this to you > :bang:bang *bdh*:bang:bang*bdh*:bang:bang*bdh* LOL

Did It Throw A Soft Code? Check All Modules With A Scanner, Might Have To "reset" The Tipm, Had Lots Of Problems With Early Tipm's Causing Weird Issues, The New Style A/c Pressure Switch Is The One That Moves The Truck Into 4x4, On The Reciever/dryer Unit

The Vacuum Pump Is For Your Interior Hvac Controls Which In 03-04 Were Still Vacuum Operated....

Did It Throw A Soft Code? Check All Modules With A Scanner, Might Have To "reset" The Tipm, Had Lots Of Problems With Early Tipm's Causing Weird Issues, The New Style A/c Pressure Switch Is The One That Moves The Truck Into 4x4, On The Reciever/dryer Unit

The Vacuum Pump Is For Your Interior Hvac Controls Which In 03-04 Were Still Vacuum Operated....

i dunno... dont have a computer and cant take it to autozone now... no check engine lights though... and not sure what the Tipm is? never heard that one... mine not on the dryer... its down where i can get to it from the wheel well... there no sensors on the dryer... as for the pump does it constantly run all the time? even with the truck not running and the key forward? doesnt even go on or off with the AC/heat? just ALWAYS on... but now it sounds like its dieing sometimes... just barely "turns over"... thanks for the info!!

Proper diagnostics is 99% of the job, replacing the failed or broken part 1%.

having the right tools AT HOME to diagnose is 90%... 9% to actually diagnosing and 1% changing the part ;)

so im down to either the crank position sensor or cam position sensor got fried? sound right? anyone know which? lol

all the problems i have with my truck im always callin jeff... but i feel bad because the only real work/money ive given him was when my tranny went out... if i cant fix it ill have to start saving i guess and just drop it off... but i just dont have it right now... hes like 5 min from me too...

wants me to drop it off... he tested my injectors for me... and knows what ive replaced... said i have to drop it off cause he has no idea what else it could be... well i mean when it comes to my hard start issue... this is another issue... but if i cant get it fixed ill drop it off there and let him diagnose both issues now... lol

took it to jeff garmons... i give up... he just doesnt know it yet... lol... gonna get him to diagnose EVERY problem i have and just go from there i guess...

took it to jeff garmons... i give up... he just doesnt know it yet... lol... gonna get him to diagnose EVERY problem i have and just go from there i guess...

He's done a heck of a job with Swole's truck! :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Back