Opinions on hood stacks

global_warmer

Pros and cons of doing a hood stack? I already have a rust hole in my hood so it would be a good place to put a stack and I would save some weight. I plan on putting a s475 where my battery used to be so it would be real easy to just add a 90 right out the hood. I don't drive the truck on the street very often but hood stacks are a no no in MN. What do you guys think hood stack or ? Thanks

Attachments

• 100_1449.jpg
    100_1449.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1451.jpg
    100_1451.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
Not worth it, IMO. You can forget about going anywhere with your passenger window down.

Not worth it, IMO. You can forget about going anywhere with your passenger window down.

I couldnt agree more, but if you dont EVER drive it on the street, I think hood stacks are great. Is it a purpose built truck? Or are you just saying that it isnt your daily driver?

I put maybe 1000 miles a year on the street. Mostly just street racing and its a toy, spends more time apart then running. The trucks body is junk, 400,000 miles of salt collecting durning the winter so I will be putting together a new truck when I find a rust free body. I don't have ac anymore, I'm thinking I'll need my windows down in the summer.

If you are asking about a hood stack on a street truck, that you only street race with....... You might not be ready for compd.

I had a spare hood so I put a hood stack on mine. I've driven it a few hundred miles on the street and its not too bad. If you are just driving in the country then you probably won't get bothered. Mine is pretty loud so I try to stay out of the city.

Cost was less then 100 for piping, flange and stack. It probably won't stay all summer though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363130774.022041.jpg
9yhabytu.jpg

Agreed on pass window, i had one on my old settup for awhile. If u tow with one it blows!lol I still had AC though and when it rains it sucks if u didnt cover it.

I got a ticket once also, but i drove it in town many times and never had a problem either!

I'm sorry but a hood stack on a street truck is straight up:homo: along with street racing. You might be a good candidate for our new oral the coal section

Last edited:
mathews8pt what size piping did u use off the charger? and where did u get it?

Cody

I kind of liked it myself because it was different then, im not one to cover traffic up with smoke. Thats plumb stupid unless u r pissed off at someone. I put a hood stack on becuase i was intending on using the truck for hooking to a sled.

But back then it would roll the coal lol, I found out they stay together better overfueled!lol

I'm sorry but a hood stack on a street truck is straight up:homo: along with street racing. You might be a good candidate for our new oral the coal section
This
I kind of liked it myself because it was different then, im not one to cover traffic up with smoke. Thats plumb stupid unless u r pissed off at someone. I put a hood stack on becuase i was intending on using the truck for hooking to a sled.

But back then it would roll the coal lol, I found out they stay together better overfueled!lol
It is still stupid if you're pissed off at someone.

Hey this is why I'm asking you guys and not another unnamed forum. And I just checked out the oral the coal section its very entertaining.

I would have a hood stack on my truck if the thrust created didn't completly kill weight transfer.

Yea i agree also unless there is a $$$hole that u dont care for,the day i got a ticket i had losed a close one and was wanting to see if th e officer was paying attention!

Alot of girls like hood stacks also,but i had problems with mine cracking the 4inch pipe a few times and had to weld braces from the everyday viberation.

Back