Organic or ceramic clutch

cerickson

fullpull108
In desperate need of clutch soon. I know I'm going with Valair quiet dual disc. Was wondering which I should order? The organic or ceramic? I do tow my travel trailer about 2 times a year with my truck.

Is one grabbier than the other? Looking for input from someone that has experience with either. Not really wanting to hear how south bend is better. I'm sure they are. Just wanting to go with valair.

Wanting to make this the last clutch I should have to buy. Truck is the 08 in my signature.

Organic will always be softer. If you're not doing boosted launches I'd get the organic.
I don't think anybody here is going to tell you that SB is better, both make good clutches and are good to deal with.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you've been running a stock clutch tuned for a while, I doubt you'll need the ceramic friction. Organic clutch will be more forgiving and not so jumpy when backing up a trailer, or to a trailer.

But if that's something you can deal with, and plan to do injectors/ turbo, upgrade to ceramic.

i agree with above Organic clutches are going to be more forgiving, however i ran the dual disk organic in my 07.5 that was 800hp and it never slipped once and i was not easy on it, i think dan says they are rated at 550 or so. awesome clutch.

I've ran both in my work truck, organic dual disc all day. My ceramic was brutal, it was off or on, no in between. Backing up a heavy trailer was a pain, not to mention everyone in sight thinks you can't drive a stick with all the bucking going on, ha.

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I'm going to go with the organic. Yes my plans are to leave it basically stock. If turbo goes then I will upgrade. Dame with injectors.

Back