Out with the old in with the new.

VMAX

Sloooooow work week. Decided to strip down the front of the truck now instead of doing everything when the new turbos come in. Did a leak down test on all cylinders number 3 and 4 were the worse of the bunch if I recall it was....

#1 5%
#2 7%
#3 20%
#4 14%
#5 10%
#6 5%

Now this motor has years of passes with George and around 80-100 with me. I can not complain one bit on our findings. Cylinder walls looked good, pistons and rings seem fine just need a good cleaning. No leakage was detected from the rings, most all of the leakage came out of the exhaust ports. Head does need a valve job and since it is off it is getting ported and polished by HotRodDiesels. I was hoping to have more to do this week with the truck but we can not do much more until the head is done except for tapping the block for studs and little BS.

Doing Studs, Bigger Injectors, 64/480, head job, PP exhaust/bowls, custom turbo piping and a serious under hood clean up. Also got a billet output shaft but I think that is going to wait until later because of all the parts it involves to get the damn thing in. Funds or there lack of now has put that aside for a while. Here are a few pics so far.

Anything funny you experienced guys see on the piston tops? I saw no contact dings on the tops everything is just dirty, no telling when the last time this head was off.

2011-01-03104030.jpg

2011-01-03120410.jpg

2011-01-03152311.jpg

2011-01-03152326.jpg

2011-01-03152350-1.jpg

Almost forgot HTT intercooler is going in with the turbos.

Cant wait to see what she turns next season. Looks good!

Hopefully a new air filter is on the to-do list. LOL

You talking about this piece of work? My detuning mechanism..... It is very, very tired. Served its purpose as butt ugly as it is. It cut the boost back 10-15 PSI and kept the ass end facing forward on the streets. The turbos collapsed that filter a good bit LOL.

2011-01-04221748.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Hilljack as hell!! LOL

just ribbing. That is the coolest truck out there IMO. Grass roots dude making it happen. Kudos!

Hillbilly deluxe......... I can proudly say that I did not make it. All though, cheap, easy and light? Should it really be bashed? LOL

Hillbilly deluxe......... I can proudly say that I did not make it. All though, cheap, easy and light? Should it really be bashed? LOL

hell yeah i love it, Redneck it up, function over fashion:Cheer:

The front clip is fiberglass on this right? How does it mount? Sorry to be off topic.

The front clip is fiberglass on this right? How does it mount? Sorry to be off topic.

Well it use to be before the wreck. We cut the hood out of the one piece front end and used it to save $750. I bought reman steel fenders and we made a full front end assembly that slides off with only removing 4 bolts. That works mostly due to a fiberglass front bumper that is not frame mounted and its light weight. It is very simple design. Two square tubes are mounted to the frame on either side of the intercooler, another pair of square bars mounted on both sides of the clip assembly slides in and holds the front in place. 4 bolts hold the back side down by the cab. Two up top and two down low.

Last edited:
Looking forward to running the injectors Lee. I just hope my pump makes us proud LOL.

His injectors are the chit, Im loving mine. What size you going with if you dont mind me asking.

Back