Over 1300 RWHP?

Dieselson

ppe power
Has any cummins, duramax, or powerstroke, no matter how wild #2 or nitrous ever actually laid down 1300+ RWHP? :ft: *nx*

Dieselson said:
Has any cummins, duramax, or powerstroke, no matter how wild #2 or nitrous ever actually laid down 1300+ RWHP? :ft: *nx*

Probably have since there have been a few max the dyno at 1200hp. Most dyno's only go to 1200hp.

Yes many Cummins are running over 1300 hp but NOT dynoed on a chassis dyno. There is probably 30 trucks in the country that are over that easily. All the mod trucks Schied,Stacy and the like, the top guys in a super street or pro street a couple with single chargers even and then there is all the drag racers witch I don't know all the names.

IKE

i have never seen anywhere a 1200HP Dmax, i know of one 1036HP dmax but nothing over that i have ever heard of. and the pullin trucks are over 1600HP but thats a purpose built truck not a daily driven truck

Chris Werner laid down 1237hp on three stages of spray in a 12V, that is the most I know of....mod pulling trucks are supposed to be at 1500-1700hp at the crank which in theory should be 1300, but nobody has, yet....keep your eye on the common rail dodge of Brown's Diesel though, my vote for 1st over 1300....

BowtiedCTD said:
i have never seen anywhere a 1200HP Dmax, i know of one 1036HP dmax but nothing over that i have ever heard of. and the pullin trucks are over 1600HP but thats a purpose built truck not a daily driven truck

I think Clint Cannon laid down over 1100 with his D-Max (Boggie-Max) with nos. I think!!

JQmile said:
Chris Werner laid down 1237hp on three stages of spray in a 12V, that is the most I know of....mod pulling trucks are supposed to be at 1500-1700hp at the crank which in theory should be 1300, but nobody has, yet....keep your eye on the common rail dodge of Brown's Diesel though, my vote for 1st over 1300....

RC is right there as well!!

BBD is at 1800 (look at the site) not sure if that's the crank or wheels though

I'm sure there are a ton of 1200, 1300+ Cummins trucks mixing the modified pullers in and some of the drag trucks. I have heard of a duramax or two over 1000, but I haven't read up lately to see if they have raised their bar or any others joined the club. Not sure if any 1000+ hp PSD's exists, except Ben Miller's Double Overtime????

So for now the highest diesel is Chris werner at 1237. I saw his truck, awesome truck, and nice guy.

Chris Werner has another engine he has built. He upgraded some of the internals and did a few more performance mods. So, after he gets that tuned, who knows.....

As far as Robb Brown, Chris keeps beating him, but they both keep stepping it up and who know's how much further they have. Robb and Chris will probably be there soon.

The crazy part is that Chris only makes like 600 on fuel, but man do those J&H guys have nitrous figured out! At Vegas I was trying to get them to swap out their nitrous system on to Maddogs truck which was making like 1080:woohoo: if the engine would hold it (which I doubt) would have been like 1600rwhp or like 1900-2000hp at the crank (?) :kick:

Yeah, the guys at J&H really know their stuff. They are really good people over there. I highly recommend anyone around to stop in and check them out.

But with Chris, I'm sure he has added some more fuel somewhere. 600hp shot of NOS is a little extreme but I know what you mean.

As far as I know his runs were with no changes, which is what blew me away. Ever seen a heavy-fueled p-pump clean up almost completely? I didn't till I saw his truck. With all three stages it went from jet black to just a thin haze.

I like dragstrips too, but your truck has to be geared right, shift right, and leave with no traction issues for those calculators to be right.....most are based on the theoretical best for a given weight and HP.

There are pulling B-series engines out there which are well into 4 digit HP. I think the majority of diesel heads would be surprised to know that most of the mod trucks have been dyno'd (if not tuned on the dyno) and their owners know exactly how much they're producing. Anyone else know where the Cummins B-series engine dyno is located? :evil

joefarmer said:
Anyone else know where the Cummins B-series engine dyno is located? :evil
I think there is one in/near Syracuse, IN.

And there are the one in Columbus, IN at the Cummins test facility. Very nice dyno lab. Even after they threw a rod through 3 dyno cells from one of the big QSK V engines.

Six_leaker said:
There is no dyno as accurate as the drag strip. From the diesel dragsters I seen run they are close to 2800 lbs and run 150-160MPH in the 1/4mi = 950HP
http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

Most mod trucks are not over 1300HP

Actually, all available methods of calculating HP should be used when possible. Tracks can be downhill, uphill, you can have head winds, tail winds, etc. Calculators use formula's the author created which can be correct or not. They also can provide flywheel or rear wheel numbers.

IMO, the best way to evaluate a program is with dyno and track results. Using both together will result in the best over-all package.

Back