Overdrive

Diesel Farmer

Farm Boy
How can i make my truck go into overdrive sooner and stay there. Right now it goes into overdrive at 45 and keeps shifting down and then back up.:nail:

You can get a signal conditioner to fix the shuttle from drive to overdrive but it's not going to help it go into overdrive sooner.

manual overdrive switch like what a manual valvebody has. Simular to how a lock up switch works, when your up to the speed you want flip you overdrive switch. presto! overdrive in second gear.

I have no idea for overdrive, but on a 47re if you ground the orange wire with black stripe the run a toggle switch/button to it it will lock the t.c. up.

I was prety sure the instructions on tst products seaid orange wire with brown or black stripe. i may be wrong.

How can i make my truck go into overdrive sooner and stay there. Right now it goes into overdrive at 45 and keeps shifting down and then back up.:nail:

Are you sure its not the TC locking/unlocking? A bad tps or a ground issue can cause that sometimes

its not the tq locking up that happens at like 40 and it drops into od at 45 then if you dont speed up it it goes back down a gear

Why do you want it in OD sooner than 45? I always HATED that about mine, so I kept messing with it until I got the OD shift at 55-60.

Chris

because i drive on a lot of back roads that are around 40 and 50 mph and its always shifting up and down

its not the tq locking up that happens at like 40 and it drops into od at 45 then if you dont speed up it it goes back down a gear

I think you have it mixed up here. TC lock-up is the last "shift" you feel or notice. Unless you have the tranny modified or have a TC lock-up switch, it will not shift from 3rd to OD AFTER lock-up.

It's shifting from 3rd to OD at 40 and TC lock-up at 45. Then, everytime you let off the throttle the TC will unlock and then re-lock when you get back in the throttle. The only way around this is a TC lock-up switch, but I don't think you'll like it for the application you've stated. Below 45 in OD with the TC locked you will be turning @ 1400rpm or less depending on rear end gears. You can try it, it's not hard and it's reversible, but I don't think you'll like it.

Last edited:
Back