overflow valve fuel line leaking

mtboggs

Next weekend I'm getting a 96 5spd and the fuel line that is on the overflow valve is leaking bad. I've been trying to find one so can replace it before I drive over 2 1/2 hours home with it leaking fuel, I didn't look at it closely does this line go from the overflow valve to the fuel filter housing? I found a line on pure diesel power but I'm not 100% sure it's the right one. I thought about crimping the line to get it to stop leaking to get it home but I don't know if that will cause any issues and don't want to find out the hard way. Any info on where it goes and where I can get one would be appreciated.

It's just a hard line that has a banjo on one end (where the overflow valve is) and the other end is at the backside of the pump where a rubber line clamps to it. Could be the clamp or rubber line leaking too. More info on exactly where it is leaking would be helpful

It is the line the person that has the truck tried to use jb weld to band aid it and that didn't work very well

and as far as I could tell it was leaking after the line has the bend in it just down from the overflow valve

If you could get me a price and be able to get it to me before next weekend that would be awesome

Just chop off the bad part and run new 5/16 hose back to the tank. The factory rubber section behind the filter body is prone to go bad and cause hard starts anyways, might as well fix it now.

I'm with straight 6 roar, just cut it right before the leak, and run rubber line all the way to the tank, or to the metal line going beside the tranny.

Couple pics.
DSCN5297.jpg

DSCN5298.jpg

DSCN5296.jpg

DSCN5295.jpg

I removed the OFV and bent the line back and forth until it broke off at the bracket behind the IP. I then cut it off with a tubing cutter, flipped it over to where it came up above the IP and ran rubber line from there to the metal tube down near the frame. Been working great for years.

Back