Overhead display help

bracker8040

Ok guys 08 6.7 resistol its got smarty dpf and egr deletes and thats it. the overhead display dings every 15 minutes and says service required see dealer now. i called the dealer they say there is a timer for getting the egr cleaned the truck has 50,000 miles on it so i tell them it doesnt have that stuff on it anymore they say the timer ussually comes on around 60,000 so they tell me to shut it off turn the key on and press the gas three times and it should reset but as far as i know that resets the oil change light so if ANYBODY can tell me how to get this stupid thing off my overhead console i would appreciate it thanks in advance guys

Disconnect your batteries, wait about 10 minutes then reconnect them. That should reset it.

would if i took the smarty off and then tryed hiting the pedal 3 times is there any way the smarty could be fooling it

Use the Smarty code reader to clear it. It will say there are no codes present but hit erase anyways. If that doesnt work do the "perform service" clear. Turn key on, press and release brake pedal twice, then accelerator pedal fully twice (within ten seconds) turn off key. It may take two tries.

that worked i appreciate the help 2171. now i dont have to listen to that thing ding at me but it did have a code restricted crancase filter is that something that i can take off or something that i can clean sorry for the questions just new to the 6.7 world

You coming up on 65k miles? Just replace it, if it gets clogged it will dump oil into your turbo. You can have it dump into the atmosphere by disconnecting the hose on the passenger side of the valve cover. You can see the little tube sticking out to the right of the wastegate. Disconnect the hose coming off that tube and plug/cap where it feeds into your intake.

156fjao.jpg

Back