Ozark Raceway, Rogersville, MO, diesel drag/pull May 22

Better Event This Year

I think they are going to be MUCH better events this year. They are building a nice pulling track that will also host the other 3 pulls scheduled there during the upcoming season. They are wanting to make the diesel drags/pulls some of their main events this year. I'm glad to say that we are a sponsor this year for these events and they seem to be really excited about being a part of the growing demand for diesel motor sports. They said there was a little over 1000 spectators for the one that was held last year and they are hoping for more this year. Hope to see a BIG turn out for all of them!!:rockwoot:

The stands are usually full for the drag races, and there were alot of people there for the pulls! I'd say warmer weather would bring more of a crowd from Springfield also.

went last year and it was pretty cool for being the first one i been to. just alot of down time. going this year though

???? I talked to Mitch the track owner about the pull and he said that Don from xfactor was running the pull no hopefully Jim won't make a mess of it. I haven't heard or seen anything about the rules yet.

Diesel Drags and Pulls

Hello Diesel Racers,
I wanted to jump on here and clear a few things up. First of all Ballies didn't "steal" the sponsorship opportunity from anyone. The mistake was made on our end and completely explained to the parties concerned (in private where it should have stayed).

Ballies helped us get this event started last year (when I thought a "pull" still had something to do with "taffy"). They jumped in, held our hand and basically became the support we needed to pull off something we'd never done, nor knew anything about. We can't say enough about Ballie's! They had already committed to helping us again for 2010 when one of our other salesman for the track accidentally "resold" the sponsorship which had already been sold and signed.

Once realizing our mistake, we made the appropriate calls to hang our head and admit what we had inadvertently done.

We are using the X Factor sleds for all 4 events! We're extremely happy to have Ballie's helping again and with their help we've got about 10 grand worth of cash and prizes that will be given out to winners over the course of the 4 event schedule! Amy made countless calls for several weeks and rounded up some major CASH and PRIZES for our points series! (YES, we said points series, complete with year end banquet and all!)

Don't miss out on the fun this year! Ozark Raceway Park is the place! 4 events! X Factor sleds!

Thank you to all that have helped and we look forward to having all you guys participating!

Mitch Chance
Ozark Raceway Park

Glad to see some events.

Your gonna always have the dilema of sponsors/tech, etc, etc.

The thing that many shops have realized is that you don't want to compete with your customers in events or in classes. When you beat your customer, what do you tell your customer who has spent their hard erned dollars at the shop that just beat them. It is a tough deal, take the good with the bad I guess.

Back