P-0253

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
Im getting p-0253 code. I just got pump back from industrial and its fine im getting this code with real lope idle. What could be causing this? Fuel system is tight no leaks. Coud this be a sensor?

PO253 has to do with a failure of the IAT sensor within the vp44 pump. I've had that happen to a few trucks now, but only once with a II pump. Their pumps seem to hold up well.

Well ive had this pump for a month and they have had it twice and its checked out good so now im thinkin it could be a sensor. JLwelding has been having the same problem as me and he found it to be low voltage to vp44.

Now once it warms up its hard to start. If i bump the key and let pump run it will start but it takes a few tries!

I always had 0253 and 0254 with my scheid HR but it always ran good!

I always had 0253 and 0254 with my scheid HR but it always ran good!

My brother had that code for 6 months, then one day the truck stopped running. Turns out the ecm was bad. I had a buddy with the same issue, injection pump was bad.

Well im 600 miles from home and dont know anybody here with 24v to try and switch it out. Truck runs good just idle sucks.

Truck has had thos codes for 2 years now no problems, even took 1st the other nite

Back