P pump 12v 38mpg for sale years ago?

WILD_PHIL

I remember a black 2wd 5 speed 2nd gen that was built getting 35 or 38mpg that was for sale like 6 years ago. Pretty regular member built it. I want to say he was in Mississippi? Anyone know which truck I'm talking about? I'd like to read up on the truck and try to recreate something similar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's a decent thread but not the one I'm looking for. Thanks for the help though. The one I'm thinking about was ECLB 5 speed 2wd with compounds. He didn't have AC in it because of the big charger placement. I've searched the truck classifieds but haven't found it yet.

It may have been in CF but I doubt it since I never spent much time over there.

I take that back. You are correct J. Had to dog a Lil deeper to find more info but that is the truck I was thinking about. Thanks again buddy.

Yeah that's the only one I know of that got in the mid 30's. Mine would probably hit 30 mpg with some more work and replacing the swamp drainer injectors. Having it low, light, 2wd with skinny tires and front end aero mods really helps. I picked up 2mpg with a grille block. Every little bit helps.

Well my SCLB 1st Gen would get 25 to 27mpg with just the pump turned up. I just bought my wife a 16 Cummins so I just want something I can put some power to and get awesome fuel mileage. I couldn't think of anything better than a 2wd 5 speed 12v.

I'd absolutely love a 3rd gen with a 12v. I've done the research and the swap looks pretty easy and straight forward. I found a 2wd 6 speed quad cab for 9 grand. Original owner and all that. I can't help but flirt with the idea of picking it up and just collecting the parts to do the 12v swap.

Last edited:
Back