P pump help please!

r-rated diesel

I've got a 93 engine that has been p pumped that I'm putting in a 03 3rd gen body. I got everything in and hooked up and tried cranking it today. With all the lines cracked on the pump there's no fuel coming from any plunger. The shut off lever is down and there's fuel coming from the fass pump. Any ideas guys? Could all the plungers be stuck? Engine has set for a year now too. Thanks in advance.

I've got a 93 engine that has been p pumped that I'm putting in a 03 3rd gen body. I got everything in and hooked up and tried cranking it today. With all the lines cracked on the pump there's no fuel coming from any plunger. The shut off lever is down and there's fuel coming from the fass pump. Any ideas guys? Could all the plungers be stuck? Engine has set for a year now too. Thanks in advance.
Shut off rotates counter clockwise, pull it up..

x3.

The solenoid sits on the rear of the pump, and grabs the back of the pivoting bracket. key on turns power onto the coils that hold it up, and bumping the starter bumps on the coils that lift it up.

Good luck.

It only takes one plunger to stick and then they are all stuck. Try above first. :)

I tried it both ways guys lol. I wasn't really sure which way it was but I have no fuel with it up either. Sorry I don't know much about 12 valves.

Pull the delivery valves and make sure everything is still there and in the right way. Also pull the AFC and make sure the governor arm is not stuck by cycling the throttle linkage.

Lift pump pressure? If it is dry and you have the stock LP, it could take a while to see fuel at the lines. Do you have fuel at the overflow valve?

Lift pump is a new fass system. Not sure what the psi is but it's a lot of fuel. I took the afc off the pump and the shut off lever isn't even connected to anything. The shaft goes all the way thru the pump and it is turning but the lever that's on the shaft isn't attached to anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the woodruff key missing in between the shaft and lever.. you'll see the key way for it.

The lever is tight on the shaft inside the pump but what is that lever suppose to do or be attached to? Im sorry I know very little about p pumps.

What I'm talking about is the lever on the outside of the pump.where that lever slides on to the shutoff shaft, there is a woodruff key to line them up.

If that key is not there, that lever can slip on the shaft causing it to not turn fully turn.

The lever is tight on the shaft inside the pump but what is that lever suppose to do or be attached to? Im sorry I know very little about p pumps.

I think you mean the top of the lever is not attached to anything? If so, it just pushes against the rack to shut the truck off. IIRC, it makes the spill ports match up to the vertical plunger grooves so no fuel is delivered.

The key is lined up and tight. It's not slipping. I do mean the top of the lever inside the pump. I think maybe the rack is stuck closed because the lever hits a piece when the lever outside is pulled up but when you push it down the lever inside moves and nothing moves with it.

You probably have a stuck rack. Take out the rack plug at the front and verify it is not moving. You can have it rebuilt or try to unstick it yourself and hope for the best. I've unstuck racks and plungers before, but have no idea how long they will stay that way. You can move the rack manually with a screwdriver inside and pushing it with your finger outside (rack plug removed) till it becomes unstuck.

Back