P-Pumped 24v vs/or 12V?

wgr73

Guys, what do you see as benefits (mechanically) of a 24V that's been p-pumped vs a 12V? I'm looking for a manual cummins and I'm torn between the two. Seems like once you p-pump a 24V it's virtually identical to a 12v minus interior trim differences and a different cyl head.

12V...more durable valvetrain, more room around the pump, no special parts needed

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Crazy, ok I didn't think about that. Seems like looking for a NV4500 12V is pretty rare. Looking for a manual p-pumped 98.5-02 is opening up a lot more options.

I think it depends on what the end purpose of the truck is going to be in order to answer the question.

The low lift flow numbers form the 24V head are a plus. They seem to run cooler and cleaner at equal power levels with less boost.

I think it depends on what the end purpose of the truck is going to be in order to answer the question.

It'd be 600whp. Nothing crazy because it's my daily. I don't want a 10sec truck or anything. Just a quick DD

I like a 24v over the 12v. Seems to spool a turbo better and run a little cooler like Ron mentioned. To me everything is easier to get to on a p pumped 24v due to inj. Line routing. You can have a very clean running 600hp either way with the right setup

Cool man. I'm coming from an 02 duramax that's mint, so this new truck would have to be very nice. I'm going to make a wanted thread here in a bit. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for. I'll go for the first clean truck that comes up, probably a 24V.

What site do you guys search besides this and craigslist to buy modded already?

Back