P pumped in cali might be a bad idea

wildwood

If you live in Cali you might want to wait to p pump your truck, if the grate terminator and the environmentalist get there way all internal combustion engines gas and diesel will have to be smogged checked every 2 years. starting mid 2010 not only smoke checked but also visual check for factory parts like mufflers,resonator's, and such. from 1997 to present. i dont remember what bill or assembly number it was but Cali is going to hell with all this Eco stuff.

Hell Boss that question is EASY.

"THEY" (the politicians)aren't going to pay a dime.

"WE" the general public, will pay for it, and not just Californians, because they no doubt will get help from Super Obamu and the rest of the 49 states. Us again.

Guys, next time you dont bother voting, think about this ****.

Yes we will pay for it. The dumb part is its just a visual check for smoke, not under a load. Just wally the smog tech's "trained Eye"......and then a inspection for equipment. Is a fuel pump "smog" equipment? A hollowed out CAT and turn your programmer way down and you good.

Just pay the state their money and away you go. (for now)....Its DUMB and who's going to fail you based on "visible smoke" then you go down the street and pass, just to come back and want a refund.

God isn't california great. :bang :bang I know that cal trans already does puff test on its diesel. Its all bullsh!t in the long run. *bdh*

Well I just read on DMV's website it will be for vehicles with gvw of less than 8501 lbs. I think we may be in the clear but other sites say 14000 gvw so who knows....

Most guys will be fine , its those guys who are trying to put P pump's on their trucks who are going to be screwed..............:poke::badidea:

what really sucks is that you will have to smog motorcycles also. if you running electronics you should be alright its the p pump trucks that will run into problems.

Well I talked to a guy that is in Charge of the bill. He is a very nice guys and listens well. I told him part of the reason I did the swap was because of low sulfur fuel is not VP friendly and he agreed because they have a 98 24v and he said shortly after the low sulfur fuel they lost their injector pump. I also told him the VPs are not bio friendly either. I also told him with a p-pump should get better mileage. He said he will try to make an accretion for the swap. So anybody that wants his contact info PM me. I think the more that call him to let him know its a common thing to do for these reason.

You talked to a guy in charge of a Bill,........Hm, wouldnt that make him a politician?

How do you tell when a politician is lying? .......Oh yea his lips are moving.

Good luck with that one. Sorry to be so negative and sarcastic, but as you know thats just me. I used to do smogs in the 90's and it was crazy stupid some of the stuff you had to do. I dont see them doing anything but telling you to go to a referee and convince them. Which should be a good use of your time. Any way hope it works out.

I was just thinking how much its gonna suck to change injectors evry time i have to smog my truck.

You talked to a guy in charge of a Bill,........Hm, wouldnt that make him a politician?

How do you tell when a politician is lying? .......Oh yea his lips are moving.

Good luck with that one. Sorry to be so negative and sarcastic, but as you know thats just me. I used to do smogs in the 90's and it was crazy stupid some of the stuff you had to do. I dont see them doing anything but telling you to go to a referee and convince them. Which should be a good use of your time. Any way hope it works out.

I was just thinking how much its gonna suck to change injectors evry time i have to smog my truck.

Thanks Jason! They want people to come to the meetings so they can get more info on parts of what they do for the trucks so we dont get super screwed and one of the guys that is part of the doing of the bill has a 9 second Camaro so I could maybe see him helping the rules out on aftermarket parts.

Back