P-Pumping questions

Spectre32

Welding Extraordinaire!
So for those of you that have done did, did you retain any of the the ECM to run gauges or anything like that? I'm looking to slam one in my superduty.

It's to my understanding that all guages will work if you either have a pre 01 or if it's an 01 or 02 replace the cam sensor with a Haisley cam sensor relocator. This is all of course in a dodge truck and with the factory ECM. Now doing a swap I'm not sure of but I'm sure u could swap ECM's and harnesses or someone should sells a conversion wire loom or something to that nature.

Yeah, it still needs the ECM... not sure what all it controls, but you still need it. If we didn't, nobody would bother relocating it, lol

where does it get relocated?

I mover mine to the next set of tappet cover bolts closer to the firewall. It won't work there if you still have the factory lift pump. If you mount it there you will have to cut the factory lift pump mount flush. You still need the mount as it seals the hole in the side of the block.

Well since this would be going into my ford, I can probablt finagle a way to get it to work. Is the ECM left mostly intact?

Got any pics of the ecm relocated? It looks like it would hit a protrusion on the block if i moved it back anymore.

If it is going in a Ford, he probably doesn't need the ECM. It controls the grid heaters, alternator and tach. The latter two could be adapted with Ford stuff (or first gen voltage regulator for the alt.), and grid heaters could be operated manually, or if in a warm climate, eliminated. Just saying . . .

I mover mine to the next set of tappet cover bolts closer to the firewall. It won't work there if you still have the factory lift pump. If you mount it there you will have to cut the factory lift pump mount flush. You still need the mount as it seals the hole in the side of the block.

Already cut the bracket off and bolted it back up to block. Seems like the ECM is gonna hit the block in the back. Didnt get to look at it real close, but thats what i saw when i tore into it last saturday. Is there something else back there i need to move? Looked like something plastic with rounded sides maybe??

Back