p0089

MegaCabRam

The p0089 keeps coming back, it will crank up with a puff of smoke and idle up around 800, then after a short time the idle falls back down to 600 something, sometimes you can get in it and it will run decent and other times it wont have hardly any power, cant hardly get over 45mph, after doing lots of test im thinking its gotta be the rail pressure sensor or fuel pressure regulator. all the injectors are checking pretty good... Also sometimes you can shut it off and crank it a minute later and it will run fine

Ok a P0089 means the defference between actual and desired FRP is greater than 20 MPa. With a scanner you can check and see if the FRP sensor or the regulator is the cause. I just went through this same thing and I check for resistance in every wire that had to do with fuel sensors and I pulled the ECM and tested all the fuel wires there also. Every one was telling me it was injectors, clogged fuel line, dirty fuel filter, and much more. It wound up being the CP3. I'm not saying thats what yours is but Check every thing else first. Also this code will set If the commanded fuel pump flow is less than 100mm3/ a second or less. That last sentence is what made me think of the CP3 when I was having this problem. Hope this helps.

Randall

Last edited:
Back