P0192 and runs rough/dies

PRINCETON_JAKE

Today my truck (2006 cummins) started getting an intermittent rattle/knock (injector rattle) and my digital Quadzilla rail pressure gauge dropped to zero psi. Then it ran normal for a while and the gauge started reading again. After parking the truck to do some shoveling I jumped in and it cranked forever before it would start. Then it ran rough and would die when iddling. I removed the gauge and hooked the factory harnes back to the sensor and it still is running the same (intermittently)

I'm guessing the rail pressure sensor is bad? I've read the Quadzilla gauges can are ****ty and can wreck the sensors.

Anyone have any advice or a where I can buy a sensor

I've also heard I can get ones that read higher pressure (once I get a new guage) will a 6.7 cummins one work?

Don't know how cold it it, but maybe gelling up?

I did check the fuel seperate and clean fuel came out good

It was around 8 to 10 degrees. I had a under a 1/4 tank (mixed winter and strait fuel) so I put in winter fuel and a splash of 911

Mine acted similar when I had loose injector tubes. Low rp and it got to the point where it would rattle and die if I didn't keep rpms up. Cold weather made it act up like this. But that's just one possibility. Also quadzilla seem to glitch up. I've had more that a couple problems with mine before.

Mine acted similar when I had loose injector tubes. Low rp and it got to the point where it would rattle and die if I didn't keep rpms up. Cold weather made it act up like this. But that's just one possibility. Also quadzilla seem to glitch up. I've had more that a couple problems with mine before.

I'm not leaking anywhere externally and not making oil

A bad FCA will cause the same symptoms too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Would def try to verify rp with a scan tool or something along those lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

im really frustrated, Im going to try to get someone with a scan tool too verify the rail pressure,

Yeah a scan tool will help. There normally isn't any visible leaks. I'm not sure how it works but it would leak in the head around where the tube presses against the injector and then go to a return line. It wont mix in with your oil. Also swap a fca if you got a friend that has a CR and will let you cause they are a hundred something dollars for a new one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the fuel leaking into the head part, as I'm not a 100% sure how it all goes.

Be sure your lp fuel system is problem free before u condemn the pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk el jefa

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the fuel leaking into the head part, as I'm not a 100% sure how it all goes.

you are correct, I didn't understand that before. im thinking that or the fca is the issue.

I also just relized that when I torn the key on the airdog continually runs, I thought it use to shut off after 10-20 seconds before, im wondering if the fuel is somewhere bypassing

So finally got a scan tool hooked up. It's reading 2,754psi and 0.0 volts ALL the time, doesn't matter at idle or on the throttle.

Its also showing ambient air temp of -48.73

I'm going to try swapping sensors with a friends truck tomorrow unless someone has other advice

Back