P0341!

BHaner

Again!!

P0341 - Camshaft Sensor Performance

This is getting old. Looking for ideas.

Truck is an 07 5.9. Will do it without any boxes installed.

The code first popped up back in July. Every time I would get on it hard it would toss the code as soon as I would let up.

Problem started shortly after cam install. Pulled cover off and found that I could move the cam in and out just a little. About .020 I would say. Not much.

I figured the cam was worn a little on the retainer surface and got a new one from F1. Cam had about 60k on it because it was in my 03 before.

Truck had been fine for about 3k miles.

Then last weekend on the way home, as I was slowing down for the house, it popped it again. Then again today as I was just coasting through town.

WTF?

I have a few other little issues that may or may not have anything to do with it.

#1. Sitting at a stop light in gear... Truck will stumble all of a sudden. Nothing big. But I do notice it. No code. Just a little hickup. Thought it was the AC, but I can turn everything off, and it will still do it.

#2. I can't use the cruise control when in 3rd gear. It will start to surge.

#3. 1st Cam gear was from an 03, 2nd was from an 05. Does the 07 have a different cam gear / tone ring? I do a few cam swaps, so I have an extra cam gear so we can press the gear on ahead of time. The one from my 07 is now in an 05 with no issues.

Back