p1688 time to replace vp44?

LKuilder

I was just leaving my place this afternoon and all of a sudden as soon as I pulled out onto the road the truck died. I coasted into a parking lot and tried to re-fire with no luck. The truck just cranked over and wouldn't fire. I have a Scan Gauge II on the truck and scanned for codes and got a p1688. I'm assuming the vp44 is dead and I just need to replace it?

If the vp44 is done where would you recommend to buy one from? I don't think I'm wanting at hot rod vp or anything like that... probably just a replacement one. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

classified adds

hey I have one from a 99 SO VP44 pump 235 hp auto truck 500 or best offer 520 709 2423 jake

I have a P0216 code thats the VP death CODE happend yesterday I need a new pump

ya ive bought plenty from thoroughbred diesel.. most recent was their vp44 with an airdog 150 kit

they've got great products and fast shipping

hope this info helps

I got my pump from them 4 years ago and its doing great

There a great company to deal with I lost my vp Sunday and this Monday it was back on the road but it's pretty convenient for me because there 10 miles away but they keep them in stock and have great customer service and have very knowledgeable staff they also have a 1 year unlimited milage warranty.

I got my new VP all in and the truck running again. I've got my Edge turned off for now until I get my FASS system installed. I haven't tapped the pump wire yet on this new pump and was thinking of using one of the stealth covers. Would I be better off using a stealth cover instead of tapping the wire itself outside of the pump? And if the stealth cover is the better way to go which one should I use; the BD one or the Blue Chip one?

Back